NextEra Energy Principal PGD Engineer - Civil/Structural Fleet Team in Juno Beach, Florida
Principal PGD Engineer - Civil/Structural Fleet Team
Date:Nov 20, 2020
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 48155
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description NextEra Energy is seeking an experienced professional to join the Power Generation Division Engineering & Operations Support Services organization as part of the civil/structural engineering fleet team. The ideal candidate is highly capable, well organized, results oriented, process focused and an effective communicator who can build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Position/Job Overview and Expectations:
Position responsibilities include planning, analysis, design and implementation support for repair, modification and upgrade projects pertaining to power plant structures, systems and equipment.
Technical subject areas include earthwork, foundations, reinforced concrete, structural steel, stormwater management, roadways and heavy load lift plans. Plant equipment of specific interest involves circulating water system components including cooling ponds, canals, seawalls, tunnels, pipelines, intake/discharge structures, screens and screen cleaning machinery.
Duties include preparing project work scopes, cost estimates, schedules, studies, reports, calculations, drawings, specifications, contractor bid packages and technical bid evaluations for maintenance and capital improvement projects. Duties will also include other associated activities as assigned.
Under limited supervision/guidance, the successful candidate will be expected to:
- Apply standard processes/procedures to achieve objectives and goals.
- Apply sound engineering principles to a broad variety of assignments.
- Use advanced methods and techniques that may require extension/adaption of theories, precepts, practices and/or criteria.
- Develop innovative and cost effective solutions to problems.
- Collaborate within and across business units.
- Travel to power generation plant sites as on the average of four days per month.
- Respond as needed during off-hours as power generation business operates ‘around the clock’.
- Bachelors of Science in Civil, Structural or Geotechnical Engineering
- Licensed Professional Engineer
- Ten years of experience in power generation or related industrial field
- Advanced degree
- Patent holder
- Experience in project management and/or personnel supervision
- Experience with AutoCAD
- Experience with Maximo or similar enterprise asset management system
- Six Sigma certification Job Overview
Employees in this role make decisions and recommendations having significant impact on extensive engineering and related activities for the company. This position negotiates critical and controversial issues with top level engineers and officers of other organizations and companies. Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Demonstrates a high degree of creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in planning, organizing, and guiding extensive engineering programs and activities • Manages one or more programs of complex diversity and scope which are of critical importance to overall company objectives • Acts as a subject matter expert • Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• Bachelor's - Engineering • Experience: 7+ years Preferred Qualifications • None
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Engineering Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs