NextEra Energy Principal IT Programmer Analyst in Juno Beach, Florida
Principal IT Programmer Analyst
Date: Nov 17, 2021
Location(s): Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company: NextEra Energy
Requisition ID: 58000
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description
The Senior Cloud Data Engineer /Business Intelligence Lead will be responsible for supporting the activities of Energy Trading Credit teams. This may include but is not limited to helping to maintain the report suite, data collection/processing, managing analysis of components of a data warehouse, building Self Service BI Models, Creating visualizations and reports using Microsoft Power BI and/or Paginated Reports (SSRS), assisting with data requests, and other ad-hoc data requests. This individual may also assist with developing common datasets for self-reporting.
· Creating/editing dataflows (AWS S3, Redshift, Oracle PL-SQL), creating/updating existing visualizations in Power BI
· PL/SQL development in a cloud based landscape, AWS preferred
· ETL/ELT experience utilizing AWS core services, Talend, SSIS, SSAS or other tool is plus.
· Dashboard and/or Paginated Reports development utilizing MS Power BI
· Programming experience in one or more languages preferred (python etc.)
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Critical thinking – Thinking strategically about internal processes and striving for efficiency.
This position assesses, designs, develops, integrates and troubleshoots technology to support business processes. Employees provide technical or functional guidance to project or work teams, as needed within specific or multiple disciplines. This position is accountable for ensuring the reliability, performance, security, and continuity of IT systems, as well as ensuring that excellent technical support services are provided.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Analyzes, designs, develops, tests, debugs, implements, maintains, integrates, customizes, and enhances existing or new systems
• Applies appropriate Agile or development methodologies, system development lifecycles, tools, and technology to manage development activities
• Automates the handoff of code releases from development to operations (DevOps)
• Participates in the change management and service ticket management processes including receiving, resolution monitoring, and ensuring customer satisfaction
• Leads projects when needed and builds strong working understanding of the solution being delivered
• Ensures user satisfaction by providing preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and timely resolution of more complex problems
• Designs, develops, and tests experimental application work to test new ideas with bounded cost and time frames
• Ensures that applications processes are conducted in line with corporate social responsibility, security, compliance, environmental, and technical policies and applicable standards and legislation
• Acts as liaison with regulatory agencies, vendors, and contractors on matters relating to computer systems as required
• Defines metrics and monitors Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for systems being developed
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• High School Grad / GED
• Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
• Experience: 7+ years
• Bachelor's - Information Systems
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Information Technology
Organization: NextEra Energy Resources, LLC
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
Where permitted by applicable law, NextEra Energy requires all employees and new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination on or before the first day of employment.
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
NextEra Energy and provides reasonable accommodation in its application and selection process for qualified individuals, including accommodations related to compliance with conditional job offer requirements, consistent with federal, state, and local laws. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable and permitted by applicable law. To request a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies . Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs