NextEra Energy Principal Financial Systems Analyst in Juno Beach, Florida
Principal Financial Systems Analyst
Date:Mar 13, 2018
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 22621
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description This position will play a key role in the Financial Systems Group by supporting, maintaining and improving our BPC forecasting system.A successful candidate must have strong experience in the forecasting process with an interest in systems and process improvements, must be a self-starter and be able to work with minimal supervision.The candidate will be heavily involved in the following activities:
- Maintaining BPC master data for automation
- Testing new functionality
- Analyzing problems/issues related to reporting or forecasting functionality
- Running NextEra Energy Partners (NEP) Drop Automation
- Run NEP Recast Processes
- Process improvement for support activities
- Building and running key forecasting validation reports
- Providing support to users on the forecasting process.
- Other ad-hoc requests Job Overview This position serves as a consultant and subject matter expert on the company’s financial systems. Employees in this role partner with business units to understand business needs and serve as the financial accounting and Information Technology (IT) liaison for accounting systems, specifically as it relates to establishing and maintaining master data in the Company’s SAP financial systems. This position is responsible for the evaluation, creation, and maintenance of SAP master data for the company and affiliates. Employees in this role assist in the implementation of system enhancements and testing while also maintaining the integrity of management reporting requirements and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Evaluates, coordinates, develops, creates, and maintains accounting systems related to Master Data as it pertains to Payroll, Site/Plant, Financing, and Corporate Companies in SAP and department, management company financials, and reporting
- Completes “Help Desk” and department mailbox inquiries by investigating questions and system challenges and providing responses and/or training as needed
- Participates in evaluating new business requirements and related impacts to Master Data by collaborating with other SAP experts, reporting, forecasting, consolidations, and IT to determine implications, if any, of proposed new or changes to master data and proposes best course of action
- Provides training for all aspects of Master Data in addition to specific applications and how it impacts, or is related to, non-SAP systems as it interrelates with SAP and business requirements
- Participates, reviews, and validates SAP Master Data involvement and requirements as it relates to projects in process across all departments throughout the company
- Maintains cost object data for unidentified projects and tax specific Master Data and rates, including tax tables and effective dates of data and forecasting versions
- Participates in all SAP upgrades, enhancements, and related projects, completing user testing to ensure integrity, consistency, and accuracy of the system, transactions, and reporting
Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications
High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor’s or Equivalent Experience
Experience: 7+ years Preferred Qualifications
Bachelor’s - Accounting / Finance
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Business Analytics Organization: NextEra Energy Resources, LLC Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Nearest Major Market:Palm Beach Nearest Secondary Market:Miami