NextEra Energy Principal Financial Analyst in Juno Beach, Florida
Principal Financial Analyst
Date: Oct 1, 2021
Primary Location: Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company: NextEra Energy
Requisition ID: 56980
NextEra Energy Transmission, LLC (NEET) is the leading competitive transmission company in North America. We develop, finance, construct, operate, and maintain transmission assets across the continent.
Position Specific Description
In this role, you will manage complex financial forecasts and analyses of regulated utility activities across NextEra Energy Transmission and other regulated opportunities. Oth er responsibilities include modeling of revenue requirements, managing opportunities to create shareholder value such as analyzing potential acquisitions and greenfield development projects. Majority of time is spent preparing and reviewing financial and regulatory forecasts. Incumbent should possess a solid knowledge of accounting principles, experience preparing forecasted financial statements, an advanced understanding of utility revenue requirement calculations, and the ability to financially and strategically analyze potential development opportunities. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Employees in this role supports Senior Management decision making via financial modeling, including but not limited to, revenue requirement and customer bill impacts, discounted cash flow analysis and financial statement modeling. This position identifies and conducts complex analyses of financial impacts of issues and/or decisions facing the company and proposes strategies to maximize financial performance of company.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Identifies, analyzes, and communicates to management the impact on the Company's financial structure, profitability, financial integrity, and competitive position utilizing relevant analytical methods and/or department’s forecasting models
• Provides financial analysis support for various projects, calculating revenue requirements, net present value, customer bill impact, etc.
• Provides expertise, support, and financial training for the company departments requiring these services
• Performs financial analyses as required by management or regulatory bodies
• Makes recommendations on financing decisions and executes long and/or short term financings
• Prepares PowerPoint presentations to be provided to Senior and Executive Management
• Acts as a mentor to lower level employees
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• High School Grad / GED
• Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
• Experience: 7+ years
• Bachelor's - Accounting / Finance
• Master's - Accounting / Finance
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Business Analytics
Organization: NextEra Transmission, LLC
Location: Juno Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies . Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs