NextEra Energy Principal Financial Analyst in Juno Beach, Florida
Principal Financial Analyst
Date:Feb 14, 2021
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 48986
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description Position directly supports management with the overall P&L management of NextEra Energy Partners, LP, both from an actual results and forecast perspective. Position conducts in-depth financial analysis in order to generate monthly forecasts, review generating assets’ P&L, complete variance analysis, and assess asset operational performance. Additionally, role is responsible for working cross-functionally to develop detailed forecast and scenario analysis with respect to current and future strategic initiatives, such as evaluation of acquisition opportunities, portfolio optimization analysis, setting of distribution policy, assisting in financing activities, and contributing to investor relations presentations.
Employees in this role support NextEra Energy Partners’ forecasting team and portfolio P&L management. This position supports budgeting and forecasting, analyzing P&L variance, and participating in ad hoc and special projects
- Prepares monthly forecast, reports and other documentation
- Critically analyzes impacts of strategic decisions, clearly articulates impacts to the forecast, and provides input and recommendations based on assessments
- Actively monitors, maintains and reviews financial records
- Support daily operations of the finance team
- Performs quantitative and qualitative research, process design and modification, and report development
- Conducts operational analyses that supports informed decision making within the business unit, under the direction of a supervisor
- Leads small to medium sized special projects
- Monitors financings and regulatory requirements for compliance and completion of operational assessments
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Prepares internal and external presentations in a clear and structured manner
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements for transactions and reporting
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Preferred Experience: 8+ years
- Strong work ethic and team-oriented attitude Job Overview
Employees in this role supports Senior Management decision making via financial modeling, including but not limited to, revenue requirement and customer bill impacts, discounted cash flow analysis and financial statement modeling. This position identifies and conducts complex analyses of financial impacts of issues and/or decisions facing the company and proposes strategies to maximize financial performance of company. Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Identifies, analyzes, and communicates to management the impact on the Company's financial structure, profitability, financial integrity, and competitive position utilizing relevant analytical methods and/or department’s forecasting models • Provides financial analysis support for various projects, calculating revenue requirements, net present value, customer bill impact, etc. • Provides expertise, support, and financial training for the company departments requiring these services • Performs financial analyses as required by management or regulatory bodies • Makes recommendations on financing decisions and executes long and/or short term financings • Prepares PowerPoint presentations to be provided to Senior and Executive Management • Acts as a mentor to lower level employees • Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications
• High School Grad / GED • Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience • Experience: 7+ years Preferred Qualifications
• Bachelor's - Accounting / Finance • Master's - Accounting / Finance
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Business Analytics Organization: NextEra Energy Resources, LLC Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs