NextEra Energy Principal Cybersecurity Analyst in Juno Beach, Florida
Principal Cybersecurity Analyst
Date:Nov 20, 2020
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 45559
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description The Cybersecurity Technology Solutions team (CTS) is looking for a Principle Cybersecurity Analyst to join the organization. In this role you will provide support for the technologies used to protect our company from adversaries as well as lead in the design and implementation of new technology solutions to meet business needs. Highly Desired Skills
- Strong security networking infrastructure background
- Experience with multi-factor authentication technologies
- Experience with Endpoint security solutions
- Experience with intrusion detection and prevention systems
- Experience in secure network architecture concepts
- Experience with network proxy technology
- Familiarity with compliance and governance (NERC CIP, SOX)
- Familiarity with technologies but not limited to: Trend Micro IDS/IPS, Cisco SourceFire, Zscaler, Netskope, F5, CheckPoint, Palo Alto, Cisco, etc. Job Overview
This job performs ongoing cybersecurity risk reviews for new and existing technologies and services and supports ongoing and new cybersecurity projects. Individuals develop requirements for and implement technical security projects and tools, as well as define the company’s cybersecurity policies and control framework. This position collaborates with the company’s IT department and business units to identify the need for, select, and deploy technical controls to meet specific security requirements. Employees in this role build processes and standards to ensure security requirements continue to be met. Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Administers, operates and monitors NextEra Energy (NEE) information security sensors, logging, alerting and other detection mechanisms to identify and respond to threats
- Acts as subject matter expert for one or multiple assigned cybersecurity technology stacks (e.g., identity and access management, network intrusion detection and prevention, host based security tools)
- Collaborates with security architecture to identify, evaluate and recommend new security technologies for suitability within NEE’s environment and security posture
- Communicates ongoing cybersecurity activities, priorities and risk measurements or mitigations at multiple organizational levels
- Provides guidance for security activities and requirements in the system development life cycle (SDLC) and application development efforts. Participates in organizational projects, as required
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor’s or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 7+ years
- Certified Information Systems Aud (CISA) certification
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Information Technology Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs