NextEra Energy Principal Communication Specialist - Corporate Communications in Juno Beach, Florida
Principal Communication Specialist - Corporate Communications
Date:Apr 16, 2018
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 23688
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description Florida Power & Light Company has an opportunity for a strong and seasoned communicator who is passionate about sharing our company’s terrific story with stakeholders through creative, compelling and innovative communications.
As part of the corporate communication team, this principal communication specialist will be responsible for leading, developing and executing corporate-wide and business-unit level communications. This teammate will work closely with the cybersecurity team, which is responsible for protecting the confidentiality, integrity and availability of company information and computing networks. This teammate will also be responsible for deploying content related to information technology initiatives across several communication channels, including print, electronic, web, email, digital signage and town halls. In addition, this teammate will develop communication strategies and materials, such as presentations, speeches, talking points and creative campaigns, to ensure employees are engaged and understand business objectives. This teammate will also provide general communication support and counsel to key business-unit leaders. This teammate will be responsible for leading the strategic communication support of information technology and cybersecurity, and will direct the activities of other staff members through teams or projects. This teammate will be expected to work with initiative and independence to develop communication solutions that further business objectives and take a hands-on approach to ensure their successful implementation.
- Seven or more years of relevant experience or equivalent required, related to corporate communication, information technology, cybersecurity and/or the energy and utility industry
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (journalism, communication, English, marketing, liberal arts, public relations, advertising, information technology, political science, etc.) required
- Excellent writing, verbal, editing, presentation and overall communication skills
- Expected to demonstrate communication expertise through writing and editing tests, including strong knowledge of AP style
- Expertise in the development and disciplined execution of strategic communication plans and using research and audience insight to develop key messages
- Ability to understand and translate complex and technical information into messaging for various audiences; experience with information technology, cybersecurity and/or digital initiatives required
- Exceptional project management and execution
- Professional experience with Adobe CQ, Adobe Creative Cloud, Silverpop preferred
- Ability to remain flexible and adaptable to meet the demands of internal clients and demonstrate enthusiasm and passion for their business
- Talent for creative thinking and problem solving
- Ability to multitask and maintain high performance under extreme pressure in a dynamic, fast-paced environment Job Overview This job responsible for leading the strategic communication support of a business unit, a significant department within a business unit, or issues of significant strategic importance to the company, or holds responsibilities involving high visibility and a high degree of risk (i.e., lead media spokesperson).
Job Duties & Responsibilities • Assesses and diagnoses communication needs • Devises communication solutions that further the business objectives and taking a hands-on approach to ensuring their successful implementation • Directs the activities of other staff members through teams or projects • Manages vendor, alliance partner and cross- functional relationships to meet business goals • Formulates strategic communication planning, message development, and writing • Builds and maintains great relationships with clients and co-workers • Tracks performance and progress using quantifiable metrics • Interfaces with business unit leadership and business process owners • Develops and executes on strategic communication plan • Uses research and audience insight to develop key messages • Performs market research and analytics • Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications • High School Grad / GED • Bachelor's Degree • Experience:7+ years Preferred Qualifications • None
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Marketing/Communications Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
#LI-DN1 Nearest Major Market:Palm Beach Nearest Secondary Market:Miami