NextEra Energy Principal Business Analyst in Juno Beach, Florida
Principal Business Analyst
Date:Apr 5, 2021
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 52657
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description The person in this role will be responsible for supporting all Accounts Payable critical processes with focus on Invoice & Payment processing automation, Back office procedures & reconciliations, 1099 Reporting, T&E system administration and reporting. The incumbent should have strong systems & accounting background as well as the ability to communicate with both vendors and internal customers appropriately as well as be able to identify, document and roll out process improvement initiatives.
General Areas of responsibilities:
- Continually improve KPI metrics reporting for the Financial Operations teams
- Identify and work on adding new Key Performance Indicators to Fin Ops KPI Dashboard
- Validate Dashboard performance regularly to ensure accuracy of data being reported
- Handle and appropriately respond to urgent and high visibility requests
- Ensure critical requests in support of acquisitions, Storm, Rate Case requests and others are handled timely and accurately
- Ensure all appropriate parties are included in communications concerning these items
- Update process documentation as necessary for improved efficiency
- 1099 Process - Yearly
- Maintain the 1099 system.
- Coordinate the 1099 Annual mailing process
- Resolve vendor issues.
- Liaison with Corporate Tax and IT
- Assist is supporting the management of the OffShore work team
- Develop mechanism for validating KPI and SLA metrics
- Identify additional functions that can be moved to the OffShore team
- Support Board of Director payment processing
- Ensure payments are submitted accurately and timely
- Ensure the appropriate withholding codes are used
- Manage Invoice & Payment Processing Improvement projects
- Review project plans
- Assist with Project planning (Agile)
- Communicate project status to management
- Responsible for Ad-hoc Reporting
- Support testing and troubleshooting of system enhancements and upgrades
- Support Advancement of Robotics
- Maintaining Process documentation as related to process enhancements Job Overview
Employees in this role are the recognized experts within the organization and area of focus. Employees in this job provide expertise and strategic focus needed to conduct complex operational analyses that support informed decision making within the business unit. Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Conducts analyses and prepares reports that provide operational and/or technical support to business operations
- Conducts quantitative and qualitative research to support small to medium special projects
- Assists with process design and modification for continuous business improvement
- Directs, mentors and coaches lower level analysts
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 7+ years
- Bachelor's Degree
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Business Analytics Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs