NextEra Energy PowerPlan Solutions Architect in Juno Beach, Florida
PowerPlan Solutions Architect
Date:Nov 10, 2019
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description This role serves a critical function in supporting the enterprise financial, property, depreciation, property and power tax groups through the oversight and business logic support of the PowerPlan suite of applications (Cost Repository, Project Management/CWIP, CPR/Asset, PRUC, Depreciation, Power Tax, Property Tax, Asset Shell, Lease/Lessor, and AMP). This role requires an individual with a strong working knowledge of the PowerPlan footprint (functional/technical) and the ability to identify areas for simplification and improvement. This role will be expected to work efficiently and independently to perform support activities, improve the platform and develop necessary enhancements to the different modules.
PowerPlan Oversight and Business Logic Support:
- Ensure all necessary data, tables and controls are managed appropriately to ensure the validity of the data. Make necessary updates, including logic changes to the modules (Cost Repository, Project Management/CWIP, CPR/Asset, PRUC, Depreciation, Power Tax, Property Tax, Asset Shell, Lease/Lessor, and AMP) to accommodate new transactions or changes in the business.
- Provide PowerPlan maintenance support to all the PowerPlan modules which include report writing, queries and financial changes.
- Ensure the PowerPlan modules conform to all accounting rules GAAP and regulatory bodies, including Federal Energy and Regulatory Commission and the Florida Public Service Commission.
- Maintain and improve the monthly financial processes, reconciliations, and interfaces between PowerPlan and SAP, UI and WMS – Work Management Systems.
- Support business initiatives from a financial and regulatory standpoint, including unique transactions or changes in the underlying business. Ensure any needed changes are made to the PowerPlan footprint.
- Maintain and optimize the PowerPlan Suites of modules by ensuring the appropriate level of controls, user and admin security, including compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Establish data governance policies and procedures enterprise-wide and ensure adherence.
- Act as the PowerPlan functional/technical expert, and ensure an optimized approach to data management.
- Provide formal training support for users by a module that includes best practices, improvements, report/query writing and trick and tips.
- Prepare and provide management reporting and analysis as needed.
- Provide on-call support for PowerPlan modules including minor changes to the logic.
- Work with IT Business Solutions support to resolve and closeout Remedy tickets for PowerPlan system logic or setting issues.
- Work with IT Business Solutions support to plan and implement system upgrades and adjustments in a way that maximizes system availability.
- Work with Finance and Property, Depreciation and Tax business units to develop PowerPlan Statements of Work, plan PowerPlan capital projects, and assist PowerPlan consultants during projects. Serve as liaison between PowerPlan consultants and business unit personnel to ensure optimal utilization of both NextEra and PowerPlan resources.
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Superior analytical skills, including the ability to think and plan strategically
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure and ensure deliverables are completed timely with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of Financial, Fixed Asset, Tax, and Depreciation concepts
- Excellent project management skills required
- Prefer Working knowledge of US GAAP, FPSC and/or FERC accounting rules
- Prefer Working knowledge of assets, depreciation and tax concepts and FPSC regulations
- Focus on simplifying processes while still delivering accurate results
- Proficient in collaboration type applications and strong desire to learn NextEra’s Enterprise PowePlan footprint. Knowledge of SAP, WMS and UI a plus.
- Requires working knowledge of PowerPlan software
- Technical skills and experience include configuring, modeling, scripting and developing in PowerBuilder 11 and greater for PowerPlan Suite Product.
- Knowledge of Oracle 11g and above, C++ and UNIX is a must with the ability to create and update stored procedures.
- Manage batch and real-time (PI) interfaces to other applications like SAP, UI and work management systems. Maintain scheduling system.
- Proficient with the translation of business requirements into a technical solution and hands-on configuration, Financial Systems experience, system stored procedures, calculations and report writing
- Ability to implement creative solutions, drive to innovate and automate.
- Ability to use agile, fast-paced, dynamic project environments.
- Proficient with the translation of business requirements into a technical solution and hands-on configuration, data modeling, Financial Systems experience, system stored procedures, calculations and report writing
- Prefer a minimum of five years of utility or energy experience, with some experience in forecasting or regulatory reporting.
This position develops and maintains high-level designs for overall logical and technical IT architecture. Employees in this role provide leadership, strategic decision-making, and guidance within technical disciplines, responding to disruptive technologies and solving unique and complex problems. Individuals facilitate and orchestrate the delivery of targeted business outcomes through technical decisions. Leaders in this job serve as top-level experts and visionaries in the development of roadmaps, strategy, and design for assigned technology areas. Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Works with business partners to analyze strategy and trends to define the requirements, principles, and models that guide technology decisions
- Communicates and enforces technology standards with business partners
- Understands industry trends and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies
- Drives digital innovation and develops roadmaps through new technologies and approaches to fulfill strategic business plans
- Defines high-level migration plans to address gaps in current state
- Coaches, mentors, and leads technical subject matters experts to enable and drive consistency across technology architectures
- Designs and owns governance, assurance and standards activities for enterprise technology architecture compliance
- Oversees and facilitates the evaluation, risk assessment, selection, and design of hardware and software technology and product standards
- Delivers technology architecture artifacts, possibly including reference architectures or concepts of operation
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor’s or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 8+ years
- Bachelor’s Degree
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Information Technology Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs