NextEra Energy PGD Business Services Manager in Juno Beach, Florida
PGD Business Services Manager
Date:Nov 24, 2020
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 47394
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description This position sits within Business services organization of the Power Generation Division which is responsible for all of NextEra Energy's non-nuclear generation operations, exceeding 40,000 megawatts (MW) of installed capacity. Duties and responsibilities of the individual include:
- Strong working knowledge of renewable operations, specifically in Wind, Solar & Storage
- Experience in contract negotiations with service providers, Original Equipment Manufacturers and customers
- Strong understanding of renewable project operations economics
- Collaborates effectively with colleagues and 3rd parties on issues and/or questions
- Communicates effectively Job Overview
This position oversees a team of business services analysts and leaders responsible for the Power Generation budget and business processes. Leaders in this role manage the business unit's budgeting, forecasting, and performance measurement functions. The team provides analytical support to the business unit, cost and performance analysis, and analysis and reporting of the business unit financial and operating results. Employees in this job also act in a lead role in projects such as regulatory support, storm support, and emergency response. Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Performs all cost accounting activities including variance analysis, standard cost development, activity-based costing, and inventory control • Ensures all activities of the team are in compliance with federal, state, and local regulations, including Sarbanes-Oxley compliant • Provides financial leadership by supporting Operations leadership in decision-making and strategy development • Supports new lines of business and finds ways to reduce overhead cost per job • Provides reporting and analysis for all operations activity including productivity, capital and overhead spending, forecasting, budgeting, absorption, sales, and inventory and operations planning • Prepares and distributes financial reports and indicators and explains financial results to non-financial audiences • Communicates and explains operational performance through P and L • Collaborates effectively with colleagues from all departments • Leads and executes process improvement projects using Six Sigma principles • Manages internal controls processes and identifies and mitigates control weaknesses • Extracts, organizes, analyzes, and reports data in a manner that is useful and relevant for making business decisions • Develops broad technical and communication skills through self-study and internal and external training opportunities • Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• Analytical Problem Solving • Statistical/Advanced Quality Methods • High School Grad / GED • Financial Planning • Safety Policy and Practice • Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience • Experience:5+ years • Supervisor/Management Experience:5+ years
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Business Analytics Organization: NextEra Energy Resources, LLC Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs