NextEra Energy Manager Risk Management - Palms in Juno Beach, Florida
Manager Risk Management - Palms
Date:Mar 23, 2020
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 41196
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description Risk Management overseas all the insurance needs for NextEra Energy, Inc as well as assessing and analyzing risks to the organization. The group is responsible for engaging with internal business units, insurance brokers, and insurance companies to name a few. Risk Management also overseas Palms, a Captive insurance company, as well as developing strategy on managing risk internally, third party risk, risk transfer, and executing strategy.
A Risk Manager of Palms will be required to do the following:
•Strategic analysis and development of strategies that maximize the financial performance of the Company as well as minimizing overall risk
•Develop financial models to harness big data that allows for deep dive into various analytical sensitivities when analyzing overall risk exposure, transferring of risk, self-retention, or Palms
Work closely with various internal business units to support them in developing and analyzing various risk alternatives ie) Development, Business Management, Treasury, Gas Infrastructure
•Prepare presentations for executive leadership report outs on strategic initiatives
•Risk Manager of Palms will oversee all operational and strategic processes for Palms. This will include, but not limited to Sox compliance, monthly reporting, strategy, as well as managing the required external relationship such as the captive manager, Deloitte for audit, and AM Best agency.
A Risk Manager of Palms should possess the following:
•Ability to work on matrixed team in a fast paced environment
•Ability to manage multiple competing priorities
•Strong analytical/modeling skills – including expertise in Excel
•Strong communication skills – interpersonal as well as the ability to create presentations
• Bachelor's Degree in finance, accounting or other technical field strongly preferred.
• MBA, CPA, or other relevant graduate degree highly desirable.
This position manages and performs insurance underwriting analysis of claim data, loss forecasts, and loss layer analysis, ensuring accurate investigation, processing, and recovery of settlements. Employees in this role provide management and oversight of Company’s captive insurance company, including oversight of staff responsible for budgeting, financial reporting, administrative oversight, coordination of audits and actuarial reviews, interface with business unit/subsidiary management and regulators, development and implementation of all required processes, and SOX compliance. Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assesses the risk of loss to company property
- Manages property claims, acting as liaison between business units, insurance adjustors and other outside agencies
- Reviews policies for propriety and assist in the design and placement of insurance coverage
- Supports the development of captive insurance programs, including program design, premium rate making, and executive reporting
- Provides management and oversight of staff responsible for analyzing, recommending, implementing, and maintaining insurance contractual requirements
- Reviews insurance and indemnification clauses in contracts
- Oversees those who act as primary liaison on insurance requirements for the regulated and non-regulated business units/subsidiaries, inclusive of participation on due diligence teams
- Represents the Company on industry, professional boards, committees or panels, as well as internal task groups/committees
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience: 10+ years
- Supervisor/Management Experience: 2+ years
- Bachelor's - Business Administration
- Master's - Business Administration
- Master's Degree
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Business Analytics Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs