NextEra Energy Manager Market Analysis in Juno Beach, Florida
Manager Market Analysis
Date:Nov 9, 2020
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 42422
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description NextEra Energy Resources is currently seeking an experienced Manager to join our Market Analysis team in Juno Beach, Florida. The Market Analysis team is responsible for providing company leadership with objective and comprehensive assessments of North American energy market economics. This includes developing and maintaining forecasts for energy, basis, ancillary services, capacity, REC and emission allowance prices as well as analyzing the impact of regional and national regulatory initiatives.
The Manager of Nodal Forecasting will primarily focus efforts on developing nodal forecasts across a wide range of U.S. markets. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage all analytical efforts to inform NextEra’s view of nodal pricing across U.S. ISOs with a focus on risk mitigation
- Manage team of Transmission Analysts performing a wide range of nodal analysis in support of existing and planned renewable projects
- Maintain centralized models and datasets used to support nodal analysis
- Develop processes and quality control measures to ensure timely delivery of high quality results
- Develop proprietary, fundamentals based modeling tools and methodologies to analyze evolving market trends and assess their impact on company businesses
- Establish and maintain working relationships with internal and external contacts which will support the development of data and knowledge of industry best practices
- Prepare and deliver presentation materials detailing analytical approach, quantitative results, and specific recommendations to Senior Management, development, and risk management teams
- Manage multiple assignments inclusive of those above, completing them in a timely manner
The successful candidate must have ten or more years of experience in related activities. Prior supervisory / project management experience is preferred. Graduate degree in related discipline is preferred. Previous experience in energy industry focused on nodal forecasting, economic analysis, and/or asset management experience required. Hands-on experience with GridView, PROMOD, Dayzer, Aurora, and/or similar commercial nodal models is required. The successful candidate will have strong data manipulation, analysis, and presentation skills (Excel, PowerPoint) as well as experience in evaluating complex technical issues independently, developing recommendations, action plans, and managing multiple complex assignments simultaneously.
Employees in this role perform complex market assessments and develop production cost models. Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Conducts complex market assessments
- Develops production cost models
- Captures the effect of key power market factors
- Determines the commercial viability of targeted power projects on a regional basis
- Performs objective analysis for existing and proposed regulations, key political trends, fuel source scenarios and comparative production cost for competitive generation facilities
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience: 8+ years
- Master’s Degree
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Energy Trading Organization: NextEra Energy Marketing, LLC Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs