NextEra Energy Manager, Forecasting & Analysis in Juno Beach, Florida
Manager, Forecasting & Analysis
Date: Aug 23, 2021
Primary Location: Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company: NextEra Energy
NextEra Energy Transmission, LLC (NEET) is the leading competitive transmission company in North America. We develop, finance, construct, operate, and maintain transmission assets across the continent.
Position Specific Description
In this role, you will manage complex financial forecasts and analyses of regulated utility activities across NextEra Energy Transmission.
Other responsibilities include modeling of revenue requirements, managing opportunities to create shareholder value such as analyzing potential acquisitions and greenfield development projects. Majority of time is spent preparing and reviewing financial and regulatory forecasts, and reviewing opportunities to increase earnings.
Incumbent should possess a solid knowledge of accounting principles, experience preparing forecasted financial statements, an advanced understanding of utility revenue requirement calculations, and the ability to financially and strategically analyze potential development opportunities. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Leaders in this position support the overall P and L management of one or more NextEra generating assets that have achieved commercial operation. This role supports strategic decision-making with respect to such assets, including hedging, operations and maintenance. This role identifies opportunities and analyzes the impact on company financials to maximize P and L profitability.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Manages a team responsible for improving the generating asset's P and L, operations monitoring, development and assessment of value-added ideas to optimize asset performance and increase profitability
• Reviews proposed budgets and monthly forecasts, financial analyses, ad hoc reports, and modeling
• Ensures compliance with power purchase agreements, land leases, financings and regulatory requirements
• Resolves issues across multiple assets and/or states and presents findings and results to all levels of management
• Works with teams throughout the company in a manager or coordinator capacity
• Maintains close working relationships with partners, customers and stakeholders
• Recommends hedging strategies
• Negotiates various commercial agreements
• Leads or assists with value-added projects such as supporting regional leadership in the development of strategic plans, mergers and acquisitions, project development, asset optimization, restructurings and building relationships with off-takers, landowners, and state and local regulators
• Trains and mentors team members
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience:8+ years
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
• Master's - Business Administration
• Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
• Supervisor/Management Experience:1+ years
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Business Analytics
Organization: NextEra Transmission, LLC
Location: Juno Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies . Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs