NextEra Energy Manager, Development Communications in Juno Beach, Florida
Manager, Development Communications
Date:Oct 12, 2020
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 46882
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description As part of NextEra Energy, the world’s largest producer of wind and solar energy, Florida Power & Light is a technology company seeking to become a leader in clean energy in the country. The goal of this position is to champion FPL’s large-scale solar, battery storage, electric vehicles, community solar, water and other technologies. The position leads communications to ensure the successful development, construction and regulatory approvals of FPL’s new technologies, including solar centers. The ideal candidate has 10+ years of experience in engaging and leading a team in the development and execution of successful PR campaigns and media relations strategies. Experience leading communications for high-tech projects is highly desirable and understanding the regulatory landscape is a plus. The individual must be a critical and fast thinker, highly organized and creative, an exceptional communicator with an ability to craft a persuasive narrative and have strong writing skills. The role requires someone who is collaborative with good follow-through, confident and even-tempered (must be able to think clearly in a crisis) and with a proven ability to engage with reporters and serve as a spokesperson. Responsibilities include:
- Delivering strategic communication support for development projects (solar generation, battery storage, electric vehicle charging stations, new forms of generation, and water projects, to name a few), from conception through the permitting process and through construction and commissioning.
- Organizing and overseeing proactive public relations activities and effective communications with stakeholders, media and the public.
- Developing and implementing effective media relations strategies, including fostering relationships with reporters to help them understand our company’s position on different issues.
- Leading a high-performing team which is expected to consistently deliver high-quality measurable results in all aspects of the function, including:
- Communication and outreach plans
- Messaging and outreach collateral
- Open houses and other stakeholder engagement
- Proactive and reactive media engagement
- Collaborative PR campaigns
- News releases
- Opinion pieces (letters the editor and op-eds)
- Executive remarks
- Planning and execution of media events and press conferences
- Social media strategies
Employees in this role are responsible for developing, implementing, managing and evaluating the success of integrated communications and marketing plans in support of a business unit or a significant part of the business unit. Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Builds strong and effective client relationships through exemplary service and frequent and transparent communications
- Leads a team of marketing and communications professionals, coaching and directing their performance in accordance with the team’s high standards for excellence in client service
- Manages the development, implementation and measurement of ROI-based communication and marketing plans
- Uses market research and other analytics to develop recommendations for clients on how to improve customer satisfaction
- Develops, improves, standardizes and manages work processes to ensure consistent performance that meets client expectations, including cross-functional collaboration
- Ensures disciplined budget management
- Leads client, project and management meetings with department heads and management peers inside and outside the business unit
- Leads cross-functional teams, both peer-level and subordinate
- Demonstrates ability to build and lead high-performing teams as well as coach individuals to develop to their fullest potential
- Demonstrates the ability to develop as well as follow critical business processes to ensure quality and timely execution of initiatives
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience: 7+ years
- Supervisor/Management Experience: 3+ years
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Marketing/Communications Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs