NextEra Energy Manager Credit Risk in Juno Beach, Florida
Manager Credit Risk
Date: Sep 26, 2021
Primary Location: Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company: NextEra Energy
Requisition ID: 55180
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description
In this role for NextEra Energy Resources, you will be responsible for the leadership and development of seasoned team of risk professionals that are accountable for the credit and liquidity risk management of an increasing portfolio of counterparts engaged in the North American wholesale energy markets. The credit manager of the controls team develops and delivers objective, reliable and timely risk management controls on behalf of the Director of Credit Risk Management, the Vice President of Risk Management, the Chief Risk Officer and the Board of NextEra Energy Resources over a dynamic portfolio of credit, liquidity and contingents risks. A strong internal candidate has been identified for this role.
Drive the development of a best-in-class controls environment for credit, liquidity and contingent risks
Partner with IT to develop a strong controls environment which will ensure data integrity for SEC reporting
Contract management including all counterparty contract provisions impacting FAS 161 reporting
Credit limits management of a large counterparty portfolio covering PMI, EMT and NEER
Inbound and outbound collateral management including controls (PGs, LCs, Cash & Surety Bonds etc.)
Management of letter of credit issuances through bank facilities
Annual credit rating reviews
Daily margining activities
Leads, coaches and delivers training support to develop her / his team members
Your Skills and Experience
1-2 years of supervisory experience preferred
Can demonstrate a clear track record of delivering projects on time and in budget
CFA & MBA qualified
Leaders in this role are responsible for oversight and development of a team of credit and liquidity risk professionals that are accountable for the credit and liquidity risk management of a dynamic portfolio of counterparts engaged in the North American wholesale energy markets. This position contributes to the strategic direction and risk management of the business. The successful candidate develops and delivers objective, reliable and timely risk management oversight on behalf of the Director of Credit Risk over a complex portfolio of credit, liquidity and contingents risks. Individuals support the identification, analysis and mitigation of current and emerging risks from this portfolio.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Enables market access and fundamental credit underwriting for the hedging, trading, sales, origination and infrastructure teams of NextEra Energy Resources in the North American wholesale energy markets
• Provides operational support to shape, recommend and set risk tolerance in accordance with NextEra’s policies while identifying, monitoring and mitigating credit, liquidity and contingent risks associated with counterparts in a range of industry verticals
• Builds strong partnerships with the commercial and legal teams to create and negotiate robust contractual / collateral structures that mitigate risks to NextEra Energy Resources
• Enables the team to deliver clear and timely management updates and recommendations regarding emerging risks in the portfolio
• Develops a platform for derisking counterparty credit risk in NextEra's wholesale portfolio
• Leads, coaches and delivers training support to develop her / his team members
• Creates partnerships with other parts of the organization to strengthen the quality assurance of risk systems, models, reports and other IT tools as well as leveraging big-data to facilitate timely portfolio surveillance
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• High School Grad / GED
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience:5+ years
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
• Master's - Business Administration
• Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Energy Trading
Organization: NextEra Energy Marketing, LLC
Location: Juno Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies . Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs