NextEra Energy Manager, 35 Mules Incubator & Innovation Hub in Juno Beach, Florida
Manager, 35 Mules Incubator & Innovation Hub
Date:Sep 11, 2020
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 46017
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description This position manages the Accelerator and Incubation program, 35 Mules, in Florida Power and Light’s (FPL) Juno Beach, Florida facility. This person will provide day-to-day administrative, operations, and outreach support for this unique program
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES The list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all the duties and responsibilities.
- Represents the Program to the public and outside groups, organizations, and agencies
- Develop and support appropriate advisory, program, and strategic development boards.
- Provide support to FPL senior personnel and advisory boards on strategic and operational issues related to the long-term growth and success of the program
- Provide a leadership position in the planning, coordination, and organization to identify and recruit top quality clients, staff, mentor, and partner organizations
- Provide support to the selection Committee
- Oversee collection and distribution of applications
- Schedule meetings between potential clients and full or preliminary selection committee.
- Provide applicants with assistance in preparing application materials
- Onboard new clients to increase their engagement in the program
- Develop a trusted relationship with clients to increase their participation in program offerings
- Be an effective liaison between FPL technical personnel and clients
- Effectively manage Intellectual Property arrangements between clients and FPL when necessary
- Ensure appropriate equipment, materials, and programs are available for the successful operations related to these efforts
- Coordinates day-to-day operations related to the facility, technology, and growth efforts
- Develop and document efforts through a client-tracking database
- Ensures project compliance with applicable internal and external requirements
- Coordinates the development, evaluation and implementation of program goals, objectives, and activities related to the program
- Serves as a liaison to the private sector, university, college, and other third-party resources
- Prepares proposals to clients and respond to inquiries/requests from various stakeholders
- Assists in developing and monitoring program budget
- Works with the appropriate senior FPL personnel to make recommendations to various boards and government officials on programs which support the development strategy for entrepreneurial attraction and growth
- Prepares and maintains a variety of records and reports related to assigned programs, including financial reports that summarize and/or outline incoming and outgoing funds.
- Conducts research to identify emerging needs, trends, and services related to recruitment and development of clients and affiliate members
- Designs and implement marketing materials to ensure public exposure to program offerings
- Identifies funding sources for projects requiring financial assistance
- Helps raise funds from private and public sources if required
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level
- Incubator facility staff, volunteers, and interns Job Overview
Employees in this position partner with various company entities and with external partners to explore and define opportunities for the company to grow based on market research and customer needs. Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads the research of Florida, national, and international markets to identify opportunities for net income growth
- Assesses customer needs continuously to develop strategies to deliver new value
- Leads merger and acquisition activity including financial evaluations, target company exploration, discussions and contracts with advisors, and recommendations to executive leadership
- Develops and maintains financial models for evaluating the entry into new business lines
- Leads the exploration, evaluation and development of ""behind the meter"" strategies to identify new business opportunities
- Advises New Product Development team on financial considerations of new business lines
- Acts as liaison for the company and multiple internal partners
- Assists with identification of new marketing channels and developing these channels through market research and out of the box thinking
- Evaluates and advises on solutions to complex big data opportunities (forecasting and optimization)
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience: 7+ years
- Supervisor/Management Experience: 2+ years
- Master's Degree
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Business Development Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs