NextEra Energy Lead Project Manager - Sustainable Solutions in Juno Beach, Florida
Lead Project Manager - Sustainable Solutions
Date:Apr 9, 2021
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description Responsible for civil and environmental engineering tasks during preliminary engineering and development of decentralized wastewater reuse systems. Responsible for the development of conceptual reuse system process designs and initial equipment specifications.
Will be involved in initial exploratory studies and preliminary engineering tasks in support of project development, inclusive of : site planning, equipment pilot testing, flow and water sampling studies. Work will focus on developing robust and flexible modelling tools for treatment processes, collection and distribution systems and reuse processes that can be efficiently deployed from project to project across a variety of applications. Site visits will be required during key phases of the project in locations throughout the US.
Will report to Director of Technology and will interface with Director of Planning and other Development Staff, as well as the broader Engineering and Construction Team. Successful candidates will be self-directed and work well in a fast-paced and collaborative work environment.
- Manage field collection of water/wastewater flow and quality data (sampling studies, flow measurement studies, treatment pilot studies).
- Analyze flow and water quality data and prepare summary reports as-required.
- Create process and instrumentation diagrams during preliminary (15 – 30%) engineering
- Utilize modelling tools to determine initial reactor and unit process sizing, air flow rates, energy use, and chemical use. Develop and refine Biowin or GPSX process modelling tools and templates.
- Assist in the development of site plans and water conveyance / distribution routes
- Create piping plans and equipment / mechanical design layouts during preliminary (15 – 30%) engineering
- Run pilot and benchtop studies to inform process design
- Develop conceptual lift station designs, including pump specifications as required.
- Create stock and flow models and evaluate treatment system hydraulic performance
- Develop pump curves and perform WaterGEMs/WaterCAD modeling for collection or distribution piping. Review modelling performed by Consulting Engineers.
- Support CAD and conceptual design drafting activities as required.
- As-required, participate in design and value engineering meetings with Engineers, Architects, Technology Vendors, and Clients.
- Support permitting, and other development activities as required.
- Review technical specifications, modelling results and preliminary design for process equipment created by 3rd Party Engineers and Technology Vendors.
- Minimum BS in Civil or Environmental Engineering. MS preferred.
- 5+ years of work experience in Civil or Environmental Engineering capacity.
- Minimum EIT certification.
- Demonstrate a detailed knowledge of wastewater collection and water distribution infrastructure.
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of wastewater treatment processes.
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites (up to 30%).
- Professional Engineering certification
- Experience with MBR, UF, and RO systems is preferred.
- AutoCAD and AutoCAD Civil 3D experience. Revit and ArcGIS is an advantage.
- Biowin and/or GPSX modeling experience is an advantage.
- WaterGEMs/WaterCAD or similar water distribution modelling software is preferred.
Employees in this role develop and execute plans for new and enhanced generation projects. This job is responsible for resource allocation, schedules, cost and technical adequacy, ensuring the project or transaction is completed in the most cost effective and competitive manner. This position manages all aspects of the business deal and ensures the project is completed timely and within budgetary constraints. Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages all aspects of the day to day transaction process to ensure timely completion as well as a cost effective and competitive result
- Leads and coordinates key functions such as financial feasibility analyses, engineering/design, project legal review, permitting activities and financial negotiations
- Coordinates due diligence activities with other internal groups to ensure proper analysis and structuring of assigned projects
- Acts as liaison between internal and external specialists regarding procurement, contracting, permitting and interconnection
- Constructs contractual arrangements for project development
- Negotiates agreements with consultants and subcontractors
- Ensures compliance with applicable technical and regulatory requirements
- Fosters external relationships with customers, third parties and members of the community
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad/GED
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 4+ years
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Business Development Organization: NextEra Project Mgmt Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs