NextEra Energy IT Master Enterprise Architect in Juno Beach, Florida
IT Master Enterprise Architect
Date:Nov 22, 2019
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 36525
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description At NextEra Energy, our people are our greatest asset. Come join our fast-paced, innovative technology team in expansion. The team is seeking a Master Architect to help with defining strategy and evaluating tools for our DevOps, Cloud and Business practices. In this role you will you use your excellent communication and presentation skills (whether delivering to technical or business audiences) to make sound decisions based on key business drivers (not just technical concerns), and be a champion of change (challenging the status quo), to promote and foster continuous Improvement and Innovation, with strong ability to mentor and influence others. You will be responsible for development tools, technology evaluation principles and practices, and developing proof of concepts using your enterprise methodology frameworks.
Highly desired competencies include:
- Demonstrated experience with Enterprise class software development for n-tier platforms both cloud based and on premise
- Proven and recognized technical expert in multiple areas including development of strategy for: commercial application delivery, high volume transaction/event processing systems, DBMS (Relational and NoSQL), Service Oriented Architecture(SOA), application development with traditional, mobile, and Web technologies - cloud and on premise
- Commercial RDBMS such as Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL, and AWS, as well as Commercial NoSQL such as Hadoop, MongoDB, Cassandra, and AWS
- Docker/microservices/Web Services, EAI, Cloud Computing, PaaS, and Analytics/ Reporting on Mobile devices (Windows, iOS & Android)
- LAMP stack – Linux, Apache, MySQL, Perl/PHP/Python, other open source, and Statistical Platforms such as R, SAS
- Current understanding of the electric utility business direction, with an end-to-end view of business and technology
This position develops and maintains high-level designs for overall logical and technical IT architecture. Employees in this role provide leadership, strategic decision-making, and guidance within technical disciplines, responding to disruptive technologies and solving unique and complex problems. Individuals facilitate and orchestrate the delivery of targeted business outcomes through technical decisions. Leaders in this job serve as top-level experts and visionaries in the development of roadmaps, strategy, and design for assigned technology areas. Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Works with business partners to analyze strategy and trends to define the requirements, principles, and models that guide technology decisions
- Communicates and enforces technology standards with business partners
- Understands industry trends and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies
- Drives digital innovation and develops roadmaps through new technologies and approaches to fulfill strategic business plans
- Defines high-level migration plans to address gaps in current state
- Coaches, mentors, and leads technical subject matters experts to enable and drive consistency across technology architectures
- Designs and owns governance, assurance and standards activities for enterprise technology architecture compliance
- Oversees and facilitates the evaluation, risk assessment, selection, and design of hardware and software technology and product standards
- Delivers technology architecture artifacts, possibly including reference architectures or concepts of operation
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor’s or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 8+ years
- Bachelor’s Degree
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Information Technology Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs