NextEra Energy IT Intermediate Internal Auditor in Juno Beach, Florida
IT Intermediate Internal Auditor
Date:Nov 21, 2020
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 45565
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description We are seeking an IT Intermediate Internal Auditor in our Juno Beach Office to execute internal audit assignments for IT and other business units as well as integrated IT/process reviews and consultations. CISA preferred. Evident experience in IT-related activity such as IT Audit, Information Security Risk Management, IT Compliance and IT Infrastructure reviews. Sarbanes-Oxley testing is a significant portion of this role.
- Effectively complete all phases of the audit process for assigned IT audits and special projects
- Appropriately plan and execute audits in accordance with the department’s policies and procedures, including prioritizing work areas, monitoring progress to meet audit objectives within the scheduled time frame
- Recommend process improvements where necessary
- Communicate with coworkers, management and customers and others in a courteous and professional manner
Employees in this role execute internal audits and consultations focusing primarily on the IT business unit; however, many reviews are integrated and cross-functional. You will assist with identifying objectives, risks evaluating processes and controls. You will also execute efficient and effective methods to test controls including data analytics where applicable to identify recommendations for process improvement. You will assist with drafting audit results in audit work-papers that are comprehensive, clear, concise and organized. Finally, you will be reporting audit results (verbal presentation and written) and assist with Sarbanes-Oxley compliance audits.
- CISA and/or CPA
- Strong process analysis, risk and control identification and problem solving skills
- Solid understanding of SOX and internal controls
- Solid understanding of IT General Computing Controls, Technology Infrastructures, and/or Business Application design.
- Knowledge of information technology frameworks and industry best practices
- Strong analytical, project management and organizational skills
- Ability to balance working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to network and collaborate cross-functionally Job Overview
Employees in this position contribute to audit and controls consultation projects by identifying and documenting risk exposure, processes and controls related to financial and operational compliance, providing controls recommendations and best practices, and also testing manual and systematic controls. Employees document audit results in work papers and report audit results to Management.. Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Plans and executes audits in accordance with the Internal Audit Department’s Charter, including evaluating internal processes and controls, meeting audit objectives within a scheduled time frame, and utilizing data analytics • Communicates both verbally and in writing, with coworkers, Management and customers • Recommends process improvements • Presents verbal and written audit reports to Management • Performs Sarbanes-Oxley testing • Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications
• Bachelor's Degree • Experience: 4+ years Preferred Qualifications
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) • Certified Information Systems Aud (CISA)
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Audit Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs