NextEra Energy Ignite Leadership Rotational Program - IT Track in Juno Beach, Florida
Ignite Leadership Rotational Program - IT Track
Date:Sep 15, 2020
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 46142
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description NextEra Energy’s talented and diverse IT department provides critical value to the organization and its stakeholders. Due to the continuing growth of our renewable energy generation business, NextEra Energy is recruiting IT professionals at the beginning of their careers with the aim of developing them into our future leaders.
Learn more about the Ignite Leadership Program:and our company:.Rotational positions could be in either of our two main subsidiaries:or. Rotation associates are based in either the Miami area or the Juno Beach/ Jupiter/ West Palm Beach area.
This 2-year leadership development rotational program will expose the Rotation Associate to the latest technology in our Digital Transformation, which may include roles in: application development, mobile app development, cybersecurity, IT architecture, infrastructure, cloud technology, DevOps automation, Agile teams, business intelligence, data analytics & visualization, or AI/machine learning.
Degree: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems (MIS), Data Analytics or other IT-related degree strongly preferred. Candidates should be new or recent graduates, within two years of having completed either a bachelor's degree or master's degree in a computer science-related field. Preference is given to candidates who have successfully completed an internship at NextEra Energy. Otherwise, completion of a corporate internship is strongly preferred. Involvement in leadership roles, such as in student organizations or volunteer organizations, is strongly preferred.
The newIgnite Leadership Programrotation associates will start in either January or July 2021.
Rotation associates interact with experts in their disciplines while learning technical skills in roles such as:
- Agile Scrum Team
- Cloud Computing
- Data Analytics
- Digital Transformation/ Analytics
- IT Programmer Analyst
- IT Business Analyst
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
- Web and mobile app development
- Dashboard design, data visualization, end user experience
After two years and four rotations, upon successful completion of the Ignite Leadership Program, graduates are placed in a role that best matches their interests and supports the needs of the business.
NextEra Energy’s IT organization supports business units such as renewable energy development (wind, solar, battery storage), power generation, power marketing & trading, power delivery, customer service, finance, accounting and others.
In collaboration with a trained management team, successful candidates will:
- Learn and understand the business, key operational drivers, technology issues and related market forces for the assigned functional area
- Demonstrate initiative, a strong drive to succeed, take ownership of assigned tasks and meet aggressive deadlines
- Develop and integrate new or existing applications into the technical infrastructure and business processes
- Analyze business processes, gather requirements, design, develop, test, debug and implement applications and systems
- Maintain and/or enhance existing or new systems to ensure reliability and efficiency
- Build strong working relationships across the organization to ensure business partner support in assigned functional areas
- Execute special projects (e.g., software implementations, process automation, Six Sigma projects, Agile projects)
The ideal candidate will possess the following performance attributes and competencies:
- Leadership aptitude – desire and initiative to ultimately progress into a team leadership role; often demonstrated by involvement as a leader in student organizations.
- Team player – collaborative orientation; focused on team success over personal gain
- Driven – self-motivated; committed to excellence and personal growth
- Problem solver – ability to identify issues and develop practical solutions
- Professional skills – excellent communication skills and a bias for action
- Innovation mindset – interest in learning new things and applying knowledge to create innovative solutions
- Process & project management – strong planning and organizational skills
- Integrity – compliance with all legal, regulatory, and company rules and policies
Ignite Leadership Program rotation associates further develop these competencies:
- Technical skills
- Analytical skills
- Communication and presentation skills
- Leadership – ability to utilize leadership skills in a collaborative team environment
Take charge of your career!Come learn and grow with the renewable energy industry leader!
This position is a job rotation into a particular business unit or department for a specified period of time. Employees in this job perform the specific duties of another position to increase business knowledge, develop new skills and gain a broader understanding of the business. Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Participates in all assigned activities for the purpose of learning about the specific function(s)
- Gains understanding of business unit interactions, both internally and externally
- Makes impactful contributions that benefit both the business and the participant
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Experience: 0+ years
- Bachelor's Degree
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Rotational Position Organization: NextEra Energy Resources, LLC Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs