NextEra Energy Financial Analyst - Consolidated Financials in Juno Beach, Florida
Financial Analyst - Consolidated Financials
Date:Oct 6, 2020
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description Nextera Energy has an exciting opportunity for a sharp Financial Analyst to join a highly valued team. In this role you will be responsible for the execution of NEE’s FP&A process, including the long range financial forecast.
- Develop and maintain NEE consolidated financial forecasts
- Manage NEE’s utility forecast software platform
- Work with counterparts at major subsidiaries (FPL, Gulf, NEER) to ensure accurate and timely delivery of Company’s financial forecast to senior management
- Provide credit rating profile support to Treasury
- Provide finance support of all greenfield development, project M&A and corporate M&A opportunities
Bachelor’s degree in Finance and/or Accounting strongly desired. MBA or Masters in Accounting preferred.
Employees in this role supports Senior Management decision making via financial modeling, including but not limited to, revenue requirement and customer bill impacts, discounted cash flow analysis and financial statement modeling. This position identifies and conducts moderately complex analyses of financial impacts of issues and/or decisions facing the company and proposes strategies to maximize financial performance of company. Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Identifies, analyzes, and communicates to management the impact on the Company's financial structure, profitability, financial integrity, and competitive position utilizing relevant analytical methods and/or department’s forecasting models • Provides financial analysis support for various projects, calculating revenue requirements, net present value, customer bill impact, etc. • Provides expertise, support, and financial training for the company departments requiring these services • Performs financial analyses as required by management or regulatory bodies • Prepares PowerPoint presentations to be provided to Senior and Executive Management • Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications
• High School Grad / GED • Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience • Experience: 2+ years Preferred Qualifications
• Bachelor's - Accounting / Finance • Master's - Accounting / Finance
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Business Analytics Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs