NextEra Energy Associate IT Programmer Analyst in Juno Beach, Florida
Associate IT Programmer Analyst
Date:Dec 14, 2019
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description
Entry level IT experience including the full suite or a mix of: Power BI, Tableau and/or other analytics toolsets. ·Have a hands-on approach to solving problems; when required, can lead-by-example type of person in developing snippets of the code that a team can use and follow ·Experience of providing production support activities for business-critical databases/applications is a plus ·Experience in working with ticket systems and an understanding of priorities and SLA's is a plus ·Strong documentation and technical writing skills ·Must have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills ·Good communication skills ·Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Management and Information Systems, or related discipline (or equivalent).
This position assesses, designs, develops, integrates and troubleshoots technology to support business processes. Employees provide technical or functional guidance to project or work teams, as needed within specific or multiple disciplines. This position works to ensure the reliability, performance, security, and continuity of IT systems, as well as to ensure that excellent technical support services are provided. Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Analyzes, designs, develops, tests, debugs, implements, maintains, integrates, customizes and enhances existing or new systems
• Applies appropriate Agile or development methodologies, system development lifecycles, tools, and technology
• Automates the handoff of code releases from development to operations (DevOps)
• Participates in the change management and service ticket management processes including receiving, resolution monitoring, and ensuring customer satisfaction
• Builds strong working understanding of the solution being delivered
• Ensures user satisfaction by providing preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and timely resolution of more complex problems
• Designs, develops, and tests experimental application work to test new ideas with bounded cost and time frames
• Ensures that applications processes are conducted in line with corporate social responsibility, security, compliance, environmental, and technical policies and applicable standards and legislation
• Acts as liaison with regulatory agencies, vendors, and contractors on matters relating to computer systems as required
• Defines metrics and monitors Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for systems being developed
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications
• High School Grad / GED
• Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
• Experience: 0+ years Preferred Qualifications
• Bachelor's - Information Systems
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Information Technology Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs