NextEra Energy Associate Data Scientist in Juno Beach, Florida
Associate Data Scientist
Date:Apr 11, 2018
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 22892
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description Smile you’ve found us! At NextEra Energy, our people are our greatest asset and our Data team is looking for a Data Scientists to join the organization!
This position is responsible for developing algorithms, modeling techniques, and optimization methods that support many aspects of NextEra and FPL business. Employees in this role use knowledge of machine learning, optimization, statistics, and applied mathematics along with abilities in software engineering with a focus on distributed computing and “Big Data”. Candidates with the following experience will be highly considered:
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Possesses a strong familiarity with business processes and the ability to learn new ones
- Uses knowledge of business processes to identify focus areas and improvement opportunities
- Establishes and manages effective customer relationships with all business areas
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems
- Builds strong knowledge of the technical solution being delivered and can analyze and determine failure points Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Job Overview This position is responsible for developing algorithms, modeling techniques, and optimization methods that support many aspects of NextEra and FPL business. Employees in this role use knowledge of machine learning, optimization, statistics, and applied mathematics along with abilities in software engineering with a focus on distributed computing and data storage infrastructure (i.e., “Big Data”).
Job Duties & Responsibilities • Develops machine learning, optimization and other modeling solutions • Prepares comprehensive documented observations, analyses and interpretations of results including technical reports, summaries, protocols and quantitative analyses • Manipulates and analyzes data sets • Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Required Qualifications • Bachelor's Degree • Experience: 0+ years
Preferred Qualifications • Master's Degree
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Science, Research, and Technology Organization: NextEra Energy Resources, LLC Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Nearest Major Market:Palm Beach Nearest Secondary Market:Miami