NextEra Energy Agile Leader (Lean Portfolio Management) in Juno Beach, Florida
Agile Leader (Lean Portfolio Management)
Date:Nov 18, 2020
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description Our IT Team supporting the Renewable Development business is seeking an experienced Agile IT leader with experience building and overseeing an application development portfolio who will influence the transformation of the organization and business partners to adopt lean portfolio management (LPM) principles. This position is business-facing and requires collaboration with other IT groups. In addition to creating business value, this person will need to support strategic corporate initiatives and succeed in a highly matrixed environment.
Highly Desired Qualifications:
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong experience within a scaled Agile Environment
- Agile Certification desired
- Six Sigma certification desired
- Excellent communication skills
- High proficiency with portfolio tools and processes, preferably Jira
- Field Service / Work Management operations
- Drive a Large Scale Systems of Record Platform
- Experience with large scale CRM system implementation
- Experience with ESRI GIS platform
- Please note, this role will require occasional travel between NextEra offices and power plants.
This position guides teams in the execution of agile initiatives to deliver customer value. Employees in this role train and coach in the use of Scrum, Lean, Kanban, XP, and scale agile framework practices. Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Trains and coaches leaders, teams, Product Owners, and Scrum Masters in Lean-Agile practices and mindset
- Contributes in Communities of Practice (CoP), within the agile network
- Promotes and encourages collaboration and transparency and builds trusting relationships between business, delivery, and other entities within the organization
- Facilitates periodic synchronization meetings across several different onsite and distributed delivery teams
- Prepares program and release backlogs, as well as team and program objectives
- Tracks, promotes, and publishes completed program features and program and team objectives
- Manages risk and dependencies, communicates and escalates impediments to facilitate transparency, and reduces bottlenecks
- Embraces a continuous improvement mindset, and drives the use of agile engineering best practices and innovation
- Reports on standardized program-level metrics, and understands, tracks, and operates within the program budget
- Plays an instrumental role in the organization’s Agile transformation, acts as a change agent, and shows strong leadership skills with a positive and collaborative attitude
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 7+ years
- Supervisor/Management Experience: 2+ years
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Information Technology Organization: NextEra Energy Resources, LLC Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs