NextEra Energy Administrative Technician in Juno Beach, Florida
Date:Dec 7, 2018
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description In this exciting positon , you will provide advanced Administrative Assistance and department support functions for the Vice President of Finance and Chief Investment Officer and other personnel when requested.
The Administrative Technician will manage and prioritize phone messages, all correspondence (letters, email, etc.); schedule conference calls and meetings; manage schedules and appointments, maintain calendar; arrange travel; prepare itineraries; processes invoices and expense reports; draft documents and correspondence; provide general office assistance and coordinate support of other assistants. The incumbent will require minimal supervision, direction and control.
- Provide administrative support to the VP, scheduling meetings and conference calls, managing and prioritizing phone messages, correspondence and email.
- Process expense reports and invoices.
- Schedule and maintain a challenging calendar of appointments, meetings and travel itineraries.
- Determine administrative needs for conferences, meetings, or other related high level activity; assemble and arrange for necessary items.
- Partner with support staff on an ongoing basis to coordinate multiple demanding calendars, while ensuring that critical meetings are scheduled, and business objectives are met.
- Take independent action on handling requests; determine the appropriate course of action, intervene where necessary, and act as a liaison between departments.
- Administer the department record keeping system; ensure that department files are maintained in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Draft confidential correspondence, edit documents, and perform other administrative duties. Job Overview Employees in this job perform advanced, diversified and confidential administrative duties by applying broad and comprehensive experience, skills, and knowledge of organizational policies and practices. This position requires some independent judgment of org standards.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Under direct supervision: • Contacts other departments and/or outside agencies to resolve problems • Processes accounts payable and accounts receivable and sets up and maintains vendors for multiple companies • Audits invoices entered at remote locations for completeness and accuracy, corrects errors in accordance with procedure • Manages electronic workflow, monitors and resolves open invoice items, prepares and processes domestic and foreign wire transfers • Creates and maintains vendor data to include IRS 1099 reporting requirements • Interacts with all levels of employees as needed to perform responsibilities • Works on special projects as requested • Applies advance bookkeeping practices for project accounting • Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications • High School Grad / GED • Experience: 5+ years
Preferred Qualifications • None
Employee Group: Non Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Administrative/Clerical Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
Nearest Major Market:Palm Beach Nearest Secondary Market:Miami