NextEra Energy Administrative Technician in Juno Beach, Florida
Date:Mar 5, 2020
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 40937
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description We strengthen and engage our greatest asset - our people!
This exciting position provides administrative and secretarial support to the VP of Power Generation Division Operations. You will be responsible for maintaining calendars and schedules. The ideal candidate will demonstrate proficiency in: Microsoft Office Suite in addition to knowledge of proper English usage, spelling, grammar, punctuation, vocabulary, letter and procedure-writing, report formats for tables, charts and statistical data and maintain strict confidentiality. Bachelor’s Degree is highly preferred.
This position is based at our Corporate Office located in Juno Beach, FL. To be successful in this role, you must have the ability to:
- Work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with minimal supervision and direction
- Manage outlook functions including Mail and Calendar with a high level of proficiency
- Schedule appointments and meetings including highly complex travel itineraries
- Partner with support staff on an ongoing basis to coordinate multiple demanding calendars, while ensuring critical meetings are scheduled and business objectives are met on time.
- Determine administrative needs for conferences, meetings, or other related high level activity; assemble and arrange for necessary items, including logistics and services
- Coordinate monthly strategic meetings and assist with other management level meetings as needed
- Take independent action on handling requests; determine the appropriate course of action, intervene where necessary, and act as a liaison among departments
- Draft confidential correspondence and edit documents as needed
- Process expense reports
- Coordinate support of other assistants in dual reporting structure
- Work closely with Executives and other Executive Assistants to handle complex issues and situations requiring high levels of confidentiality and diplomacy
- Attend to others tasks as deemed by the Vice President
Employees in this job perform diversified and confidential administrative duties by applying broad and comprehensive experience, skills, and knowledge of organizational policies and practices. This position requires some independent judgment of org standards. Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Contacts other departments and/or outside agencies to resolve problems
- Audits and processes invoices in accordance with accounts payable procedures
- Interacts with all levels of employees as needed to perform responsibilities
- Works on special projects as requested
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Experience: 5+ years
Employee Group: Non Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Administrative/Clerical Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs