JEA Quality Assurance LIMS Officer in Jacksonville, Florida
Under limited supervision, performs professional laboratory related work of an advanced nature that pertains to developing and maintaining the Quality Assurance (QA) program for Laboratory Services and the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) database, database reports and service contract. Assists with the coordination, preparation and approval of all QA plans, method standard operating procedures (SOP)s, QA audit responses, data packages, internal assessments, and training programs. Develops and maintains a Quality Assurance Manual, which documents the elements of the laboratory quality system. Monitors data analysis reports and control charts for accuracy and precision for all method Quality Control (QC) parameters. Responsible for planning, organizing and implementing the internal system and/or performance assessments of the laboratory. May be expected to assist Laboratory Managers implement corrective actions for any assessment deficiencies. Ensures that any corrective actions taken as a result of internal or external assessments are completed within the agreed upon timeframe. Position will oversee the proficiency-testing program in accordance with the requirements of the laboratory accrediting authority. Works with the laboratory section supervisors to implement all aspects of the TNI/FSMO (The NELAC Institute/Field Sampling and Measurement Organizations) quality system in accordance with the requirements of the accrediting authority. Example: Initial and ongoing demonstration of capability documentation, sample logging and tracking procedures, instrument maintenance records, standard and reagent tracking. Will perform routine configuration changes to the laboratorys LIMS. Will create specialized report designs meeting the requirements of the customers of Laboratory Services. Will provide QA guidance to Laboratory Services personnel. Position will work directly under the Manager, Quality Assurance and Environmental Compliance Systems to prevent conflict of interest with Laboratory Managers while implementing the quality assurance system.
- Annually updates the laboratory QA manual to reflect any changes to the labs quality system.
- Reviews analytical standard operating procedures (SOPs) for compliance with approved methodology.
- Orders Proficiency Testing (PT) samples, logs PT samples into LIMS, distributes the PT samples to the appropriate analysts, collects and reports the PT results.
- Creates checklists to be used in internal assessments.
- Interfaces directly with external committees and regulatory agencies during and after audits to represent the laboratorys best interests.
- Responsible for preparing blind samples and submitting them to laboratory personnel for analysis.
- Conducts internal assessments and generates a final report to the Laboratory Director.
- Reviews information provided by the accreditation authority, especially regarding changes to the mandated quality system.
- Works with laboratory management to implement changes to the quality system.
- Designs various applications and/or tools to enhance laboratory efficiency.
- Creates statistical control charts in Excel, Access, or related application.
- Writes general laboratory procedural SOPs, to include sample acceptance policies, reporting requirements, etc.
- Performs other job-related work as assigned.
Bachelors degree in Chemistry, Biology, Natural Science, or a related field with at least two (2) years of professional laboratory experience which must include analyzing data in a QA capacity and/or Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) database or other database report writing and programming.
A six (6) year combination of education, training, and professional laboratory experience. The professional laboratory experience must include at least two (2) years of experience with analyzing data in a QA capacity and/or database report writing and programming. The education must include at a minimum, sixteen (16) semester hours of Natural Sciences and Chemistry (with labs) and six (6) semester hours of Composition or other Writing courses.
A valid drivers license is required prior to employment and must be maintained during employment in this classification.
This position requires that employees be in compliance with JEA procedure ES A0200 A0101 RS 628 Screening Personnel Risk Assessments (pre-hire for FACTA designations; pre-hire and recurring for CIP designations).
Job: *Environmental / Laboratory Services
Title: Quality Assurance LIMS Officer
Requisition ID: 11660