NextEra Energy Special Itinerant - Electrician in Indiantown, Florida
Special Itinerant - Electrician
Date:Jul 10, 2018
Primary Location:Indiantown, FL, US, 34956
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 25858
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description This position may be based at any of our power generation plants located throughout the state of Florida. The purpose of this posting is to ensure that prospective candidates complete all phases of our testing process to become eligible for in-person interviews. Once a candidate successfully completes all pre-testing requirements, they would then need to apply specifically to any individual job posting of interest.
- Performs preventive maintenance to ensure proper functioning of plant equipment:
- Performs testing, overhauls, repair/replacement, and removal/installation of plant electrical equipment, with a focus on circuit breakers and batteries.
- Utilizes/operates various types of test instruments. Uses hand, power, tools/equipment necessary to support a safe and productive work environments.
- Candidates will be required to take and pass the MASS Test and also be Hands-On tested to demonstrate knowledge and craft skills.
- Candidates will also be required to take a pre-placement functional evaluation.
- Work Schedule: Day Shift.
- Travel required for this position within the state of Florida.
- Local Candidate Strongly Preferred.
Relocation and Testing Assistance is not provided. Required Qualifications • Pwr Plt Mtce Pos Sel Sys Test passed • Post-Offer Functional Capacity Eval Preferred Qualifications
Employee Group: Bargaining Unit Employee Type: Itinerant Job Category: Power Generation Bargaining Unit Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Indiantown, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
#LI-DN1 Nearest Major Market:Port Saint Lucie