NextEra Energy Machinist Itinerant in Indiantown, Florida
Date:Jul 10, 2018
Primary Location:Indiantown, FL, US, 34956
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 25859
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description This position may be based at any of our power generation plants located throughout the state of Florida. The purpose of this posting is to ensure that prospective candidates complete all phases of our testing process to become eligible for in-person interviews. Once a candidate successfully completes all pre-testing requirements, they would then need to apply specifically to any individual job posting of interest.
Job Overview This is a non-shift, multi-functional classification that works a regular day shift schedule. The primary function is to perform the duties of a machinist; however, this individual may perform duties in other maintenance disciplines (mechanical, electrical, and instrument & control), to the extent that he/she is capable, qualified and able to
perform in a safe manner. The Itinerant Machinist will from time to time be assigned to different work locations for overhauls, outages and special projects, and will be expected to travel. This classification works under the direction of the Maintenance Leader or Itinerant Maintenance Leader as appropriate.
Minimum requirements for job:
- Has previously held the classification of machinist, and/or completed the machinist trainee program under the direction of a journey level machinist, or has attended any type of schooling or training program, college or military, that would qualify the applicant for this job.
- Must be able to perform the minimum qualifications of a journey level mechanic.
- Operates all types of machine tools and performs precision jobs on them to tolerances that require the use of precision tools, instruments or gauges for measurement.
- Uses hand tools and other equipment necessary to provide a safe, clean and productive work place.
- Performs preventive maintenance to ensure proper function of equipment.
- Performs maintenance inspections on and constructs, installs, and repairs mechanical equipment and structures.
- May maintain stock and records of plant mechanical materials, supplies, tools, machine tools and tooling, machine shop equipment and spare parts.
Performs associated responsibilities according to the rules contained in the safe work practices handbook and the Memorandum of Agreement. Required Qualifications • Pwr Plt Mtce Pos Sel Sys Test passed • Post-Offer Functional Capacity Eval Preferred Qualifications
Employee Group: Bargaining Unit Employee Type: Itinerant Job Category: Power Generation Bargaining Unit Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Indiantown, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
#LI-DN1 Nearest Major Market:Port Saint Lucie