NextEra Energy Senior IT Compliance and Risk Analyst in Houston, Texas
Senior IT Compliance and Risk Analyst
Date:Dec 3, 2019
Primary Location:Houston, TX, US, 77002
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 37106
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description FPL is seeking an experienced analyst to be part of the team that provides quality assured compliance support in the area of
IT Sarbanes Oxley (IT SOX) compliance.
The individual will provide oversight of the quarterly IT SOX certification processes to ensure the correct and timely completion of all required tasks across the IT teams. The individual will work cross-functionally with other team members, IT technology teams and leaders, Internal Audit, the Financial Controls group, and business function subject matter experts to ensure IT SOX compliance across the organization.
· Knowledge of how our systems support and drive the financial statements
· Familiarity with IT SOX Compliance
· The ability to identify, mitigate, and remediate IT SOX control gaps
· Excellent analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
Your ability to work with and develop a trusting relationship with various teams at multiple levels in the company is key to the success of this role. This team thrives on being seen as a partner and advisor in achieving the company’s goals related to IT SOX compliance. You will also work as the liaison between the various auditors, internal and external, and the IT/business process owners.
- Maintains a good understanding of GAAP, SEC regulations, relevant company policies, practices and procedures
- Initiates and oversees quarterly IT SOX Certification processes
- Works as liaison between internal and external auditors, scheduling and attending audit meetings, retrieving documentation when possible, and performing finding mitigation and remediation activities
- Ensures all new SOX systems are compliant with corporate SOX requirements and have necessary controls implemented at go-live by working closely with development project teams
- Assists in the development of processes to provide better insight into the IT SOX compliance environment
- Performs ad-hoc risk assessments and reviews for various IT teams
- Assists with training the process owners on IT SOX and its requirements
- Gathers and prepares documentation to support audits, self-assessments, data requests, etc
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned Job Overview
This job supports teams facilitating internal solution development across business units, to align Cybersecurity risk, leading technology solutions, and user experience. This position is responsible for various aspects of achieving compliance of cybersecurity including developing, implementing and enforcing IT policies, standards, methodologies and awareness using a risk based approach. Employees in this role develop a deep understanding of NextEra’s technology footprint, technology strategy, threat landscape and risks, to establish a collective Cyberstrategy. Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Builds processes and tools to provide the business visibility of cybersecurity risks and drive accountability
- Develops and maintains policies, standards, processes, and procedures to assess, monitor, report, escalate and remediate cyber risk while maintaining corporate compliance with mandated security regulations
- Assesses and reviews security and controls to ensure sustainable regulatory compliance
- Develops processes and monitoring to identify, quantify, analyze, and report risk and compliance status
- Coordinates cyber risk management efforts including identification, assessment, tracking and resolution of risk management activities across all levels of the organization
- Assists with training, including training material development and deployment to ensure that compliance and risk becomes a sustainable business practice
- Gathers and prepares documentation to support audits, self-assessments, data requests, etc.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor’s or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 5+ years
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Certified Information Systems Aud (CISA) certification
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certified
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Information Technology Organization: NextEra Energy Resources, LLC Location: Houston, Texas Other Work Locations: Texas Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs