NextEra Energy Senior Financial Analyst - Corporate M&A in Houston, Texas
Senior Financial Analyst - Corporate M&A
Date:Sep 26, 2018
Primary Location:Houston, TX, US, 77002
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 27520
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description Smile: you've found us! NextEra Energy is one of the largest utility consumers of natural gas in the United States. The economics of natural gas are critical to nearly every one of the company’s businesses. This position is part of the Gas Infrastructure team which is responsible for NextEra’s shale gas production and pipeline infrastructure.
In this role you will be responsible for the following:
- Provide support in the overall M&A evaluation process for Upstream, Midstream and Pipeline assets.
- Majority of time is spent evaluating either acquisition or green field development projects
- Prepare financial models to analyze and value potential investments and transactions. Due diligence of acquisition opportunities
- Conduct market research, competitive intelligence analysis and benchmark performance
- Create and distribute weekly M&A dashboards to senior management
- Ability to distill complex analytical issues into simple to understand analysis for management decision making.
- Comprehend, analyze, frame and resolve complex analytical problems; and communicate the key project risks to the senior management.
- Participate in ad hoc / special projects / report development / financial modeling
- Able to present M&A analysis and deal summaries effectively and support in developing presentations for deal approvals
Qualified candidate should also have the following skills:
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills with proficiency in developing financial models and analyzing financial statements
- Exposure to M&A transactions
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills (both verbal and written)
We look forward to taking your career to the next level!
Job Overview Employees in this role support senior management decision making via financial modeling and analysis, including but not limited to, revenue requirements and customer bill impacts, discounted cash flow analysis, and financial statement modeling. This position identifies and conducts complex analysis of financial impacts to issues and/or decisions facing the company and proposes strategies to maximize financial performance of company.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Identifies, analyzes, and communicates to management the impact on the Company's financial structure, profitability, and competitive position utilizing relevant analytical methods and/or department forecasting models
- Provides financial analysis support for various projects, calculating revenue requirements, net present value, customer bill impact, etc.
- Provides expertise, support, and financial training for the company departments requiring these services
- Performs financial analyses as required by management or regulatory bodies
- Makes recommendations on financing decisions and executes long and/or short term financings
- Prepares PowerPoint presentations to be provided to Senior and Executive Management
- Acts as a mentor to lower level employees
Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications
High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor’s or Equivalent Experience
Experience: 5+ years Preferred Qualifications
Bachelor’s - Accounting / Finance
- Master’s - Accounting / Finance
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Business Analytics Organization: NextEra Project Mgmt Location: Houston, Texas Other Work Locations: Texas Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
#LI-NM1 Nearest Major Market:Houston Job Segment:Pipeline, Energy