Eversource Energy LNG Yard Operator II in Hopkinton, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!
The LNG Yard Operator II will ensure the Facility is safely, reliably and efficiently operated during liquefaction and sendout seasons by performing the day-to-day operation functions of the Facility. The LNG Yard Operator II will perform operations under the supervision of the LNG Yard Operator I or LNG Shift Supervisor. The LNG Yard Operator II will train and complete basic LNG operations training within their first 6 months of hire, and the LNG Yard Operator I curriculum within 36 months of hire to be able to perform the duties of LNG Yard Operator I. These duties include but are not limited to: sendout/vaporization, idle (boil off), truck loading/loading, and duties as assigned.
- Support all Eversource Safety and Environmental initiatives.
- Execute directives from LNG supervision.
- Assist with the operation of LNG storage boil off management, truck loading/offloading, and sendout operations, as directed
- Understand and follow operational procedures.
- Assist with plant startup and shutdowns.
- Complete necessary training for operations staff, within defined periods.
- Communicate and support plant supervision, coworkers, maintenance department, engineering departments, and outside contractors, as required.
- Ensure Eversource corporate requirements and policies are followed.
- Operates the LNG plant in compliance with the Code of Federal Regulations.
- Must be able to work rotating shift work schedule subject to changes according to Plant operating demands.
- Develop familiarity with regulatory compliance for Federal Energy Regulatory, Department of Transportation’s Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration, Massachusetts Department of Public Utilities, and Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection inspections.
- Assist in abnormal requests/repairs or emergency response after hours on an as-needed basis.
- Effective communication with different groups, including operations staff, maintenance staff, engineering departments, human resources, federal, state, and local regulators, external stakeholders, and other Eversource corporate groups.
- Ability to understand and implement operational procedures.
- Keep accurate equipment logs and records.
- Ability to understand and manage process control systems.
- Bachelor’s or Associate degree in Engineering or relevant technical discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Relevant operations experience and demonstrable/verifiable knowledge of mechanical equipment operations (i.e. compressors, pumps, instrumentation systems, control systems, etc.)
- Must be available to work emergency storm assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- The Facility consists of three 1 BCF LNG storage tanks, a 240 MMSCFD sendout system, and is in the process of installing a brand new state-of-the-art liquefaction and pretreatment system capable of liquefying up to 21 MMSCFD.
- Must be physically able to perform the required duties which include but are not limited to: climb ladders, platforms, staircases, and other physical obstacles including the LNG storage tank (Over 120 feet high) necessary to safely navigate the Facility; work in elevated and confined spaces; lifting; assist with general plant maintenance; and perform snow removal and other work in inclement weather conditions including extreme heat and cold. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs