Eversource Energy Manager, Transmission Construction & Maintenance in Hooksett, New Hampshire
Job Description Summary:
Individual is responsible for all aspects of the maintenance of transmission line and substation facilities within Eversource. Included in the scope of responsibility are Eversource inspection and maintenance of overhead facilities and substations, inspection and maintenance of underground facilities, environmental compliance pertaining to Energy Delivery (“ED”) facilities and equipment, and centralized equipment repair. Also responsible for performing construction activities and/or coordinating construction activities performed by contractors for projects designed by Engineering & Design including substation additions and modifications, right-of-way line additions and changes, and various poletop operating equipment. May provide support or share efforts with the Distribution company to complete projects of mutual benefit.
- Manages the maintenance of assigned assets according to prescribed schedules and methods; ensures all activity is performed in a safe timely, effective, environmentally prudent, and cost-efficient manner.
- Manages construction activities of assigned projects to meet need dates within budget estimates.
- Participates in establishing Reliability-Centered Maintenance (“RCM”) methods and initiatives, and manages the tactical application of RCM in the division. Participates in repair versus replace (i.e., O&M versus capital) decisions.
- Ensures compliance with NERC and NPCC regulations, environmental programs, policies, rules and regulations.
- Monitors key performance indicators, identifies trends, and takes appropriate actions within his/her jurisdiction, and/or effectively recommends actions to improve performance across the entire Maintenance Process.
- Promotes teamwork among and between all members of the organization in his/her jurisdiction and other internal groups.
- Actively supports storm restoration efforts as required.
- Develops employees through the use of performance management, coaching, and, as appropriate, rotational assignments.
- Effectively promotes a continuous learning environment and encourages employees to pursue internal and external learning opportunities.
- Directs safety awareness and compliance initiatives within the division, and monitors safety performance. Champions efforts to achieve world-class excellence regarding safe work practices and procedures, and safety performance.
- The individual must be self-reliant with a strong sense of self-motivation, possess good communication skills, and demonstrate the ability to set priorities and support diverse needs
- Knowledge of project management information systems, engineering economics, capital investment analysis techniques, plant accounting, capital budgeting and rate recovery.
- Ability to monitor and analyze cost and scheduling information, provide forecasts, make recommendations, and communicate effectively at all levels.
- Individual will require a good understanding of corporate strategies and initiatives along with a thorough understanding of the Transmission organization.
- Demonstrated high competence in past assignments
- Thorough knowledge of applicable work practices, procedures, and safety requirements.
- Detailed knowledge of distribution system maintenance and operation.
- Human resource management and business planning skills.
- Working knowledge of information technology and the use of Eversource’s office automation and information systems.
- Must hold a valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
Education : A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration or equivalent experience required.
Ex perience: A minimum of ten (10) years of related experience is required with five years in a supervisory or lead role. Project, construction management, contract, and material procurement experience is preferred.
Licenses & Certifications: Project Management Professional (PMP) desired but not required.
Please include a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor