Eversource Energy Environmental Technician A in Hooksett, New Hampshire
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
Environmental Technician A
Individual plans and performs a variety of technical and/or environmental tasks associated with ensuring the Eversource 1250 Hooksett RoadNH Substation Operations facility is in compliance with NH State and Federal regulations as a large quantity generator of hazardous waste.
Environmental Technician duties include:
• Preparing and tracking environmental manifests and reports for regulatory agencies, as well as maintaining the facility environmental files in an orderly condition.
• Processing invoices and billing associated with oil and other spills, disposal, and asset recovery activities.
• Overseeing daily environmental compliance at the NH Substation Operations 1250 Hooksett Rod facility, and compliance of 1250 Hooksett RoadSubstation Operations personnel who reside in the building as well as those assigned to field work locations. Compliance responsibilities include:
o Hazardous waste determinations, labelling, and storage
o PCB management
o AST regulations
• Furnishing technical expertise and advice to electrical maintenance, general construction, operations, facilities, and other personnel as required.
• Conducting environmental assessments, audits, and regulatory inspections and implementing corrective actions for any deficiencies.
• In addition to the above-mentioned environmental technician duties, the individual may be asked to support the business through other duties assigned and is expected required to participate in storm restoration activities across the Eversource territory.
• An Associates degree in Environmental Science or a related science degree or the equivalent experience plus 4 years of related environmental experience required.
• Individual must have the ability to successfully complete various training courses, including environmental, safety, and electrical training as well as substation escort access.
• Individual must be able to pass, within 6 months of starting, the NH DES Hazardous Waste Coordinator Certification Program.
• Individual must hold a valid driver’s license.
• Individual should be self-driven, able to interpret Federal and State environmental requirements and ensure these requirements are met.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs