Eversource Energy Engineer - Incident Analysis in Hooksett, New Hampshire
Job Description Summary:
This position has the responsibility to ensure Substation events are properly addressed and categorized working with Operations and Engineering. This position is responsible for working with internal and external departments to gain system and substation equipment knowledge, documenting system events and sharing necessary data to prevent reoccurrence. This position will support Project Commissioning.
- Responsible for ensuring all substation events are reviewed and categorized appropriately.
- Responsible for tracking action items during system events to bring event to a successful conclusion.
- Responsible for adequately documenting major substation events to assist in preventing reoccurrence.
- Provide support to Project Commissioning activities including review of Cascade Data sheets and Commissioning documentation.
- Provide support for failure analysis of major substation equipment.
- Perform factory visits to assist in the failure analysis of major substation equipment.
- Collaborates with other Engineers within Engineering to ensure consistency and teamwork.
- Provides technical support and direction to operating areas relative to system priorities, engineering guidelines and operating decisions during normal and emergency situations.
- Accountable for root-cause analysis, development and implementation of corrective actions.
Technical Knowledge/Skills: Electrical engineering knowledge with a focus on substation equipment testing, commissioning, operating, and maintenance
Education: A Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline is required.
Experiences: A minimum of five (5) years in utility distribution/transmission engineering is required.
Licenses & Certifications: A valid Motor Vehicle Operator's License is required.
Please include a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor