National Grid Lead, Quantitative Risk Analyst in Hicksville, New York
National Grid is hiring a Lead, Quantitative Risk Analyst for our US Treasury department in Hicksville, NY.
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
The Analyst reports to the Manager of Quantitative Risk and Financial Reporting and plays a key role in the Company’s middle office by performing quantitative risk analysis, developing derivative valuation models, compiling quarter end financial reports, and monitoring of the Company’s US wholesale commodity strategies and transactions. The Analyst works closely with the Director of Quantitative Risk and Financial Reporting to implement state-of-the-art quantitative systems and techniques for valuing structural contracts and measuring/reporting risk.
• Day-to-day monitoring and analysis of energy and credit market conditions.
• Administer executive and external risk reporting (weekly and monthly risk reports, Executive Dashboard, etc.).
• Design and implement meaningful risk metrics, quantitative tools, and reporting for various constituents and key stakeholders (traders, originators, executives, etc)
• Utilize risk management system (Allegro Horizon) to derive data to be included in analyses and reports.
• Administer and run risk simulation engine (Risk Analytics by Lacima) to produce market price probability distributions, cost of gas and power at risk, collateral projections, and other probabilistic metrics.
• Develop and maintain valuation models to value complex structured physical transactions such as Natural Gas Physical options, Asset Management Agreements, LNG and Natural Gas Peaking deals.
• Compile quarter financial reporting results to be reported to the Back Office
• Perform system administration for critical risk systems, monitor the health of the systems and address issues and opportunities with third-party vendors
• Create and implement methodologies of MTM exposure forecasting, as well as stress testing and scenario analysis.
Bachelor's degree or advanced degree in IS, finance, risk, statistics, applied mathematics or similar field.
Professional designation(s) in IS, finance, risk, statistics or applied mathematics preferred.
Strong financial and Northeast energy markets (Power and Gas) knowledge, as well as IS systems experience.
Experience working for a major public utility in Energy Risk department is a very strong plus
Strong quantitative skills. Knowledge of Data Management Software (ZEMA) and Energy Transaction Risk Management Software (Allegro Horizon)
Broad knowledge of natural gas and power structured transactions and ability to develop valuation models utilizing Monte Carlo simulation, tree building techniques, and/or FEA libraries.
IS expertise, expert knowledge of Excel including VBA. Knowledge of C+ is a strong plus.
Knowledge of Lacima Risk Management System (Risk Analytics) is a very strong plus.
Ability to form strong relationships with internal and external constituents and key stakeholders.
Willingness and interest in self-study and training in technical risk management analytics and methodologies.
Detail oriented, including performing comprehensive reviews of financial data, models, structures and strategies.
Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.