Washington Gas Light Co. Gate Station Technician I-2 in Herndon, Virginia
Assists in the safe operation and maintenance of gate station facilities and pressure regulating equipment (GSO facilities). Directed by higher-graded personnel to operate, maintain, calibrate, troubleshoot and install equipment of less complex nature used at GSO facilities. Operates a company vehicle. Input time and data into work force management system. ( electronically)
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Under general direction of higher graded employee or supervisor:
• Assists in the operations of GSO Facilities;
• Assists in the maintenance work on GSO facility equipment and machinery;
• Operates valves as required;
• Performs miscellaneous duties in and around stations including yard and building maintenance, digging; snow removal, painting, grass cutting and trimming etc.;
• Performs periodic station inspections;
• Installs tubing, conduit, wiring, piping, and framework for all GSO facilities;
• Interprets company records, such as, map book, station drawings, work orders etc.;
• Communicates effectively via company radio, verbal instructions, etc.;
• Stocks and equips company vehicles;
• Maintains tools and equipment; and
• Other duties as assigned.
• Shift Work: As required. Will report to various company facilities as required. Overnight travel may be required.
• Use Of Personal Vehicle: As required
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
• High School Diploma/GED Must have working knowledge of mathematics, physics and electronics. Must pass Work Keys Test. Formal technical training preferred.
• Must have a minimum of 18 months of hands on technical experience, such as: mechanical trade, manufacturing equipment, pumps, compressors, automotive mechanics, small engine repair, HVAC, electronics, above ground gas piping and tubing.
• New hires must pass Gate Station Technician I entrance level testing and;
• Successfully complete all training, testing and Operator Qualifications for Gate Station Technician II position within eighteen (18) months of hiring.
• Valid driver’s license. Must be able to meet all certification requirements. Must successfully complete all mandated safety and annual training.
• *CDL HOLDERS ARE SUBJECT TO TESTING UNDER FEDERAL HIGHWAY REGULATIONS
• Must be able to smell odorized natural gas.
• Must have basic mechanical aptitude.
• Must have basic drawing interpretation skills.
• Must have intermediate computer skills such as opening and closing files, data entry, creating and modifying spreadsheets and word documents, saving files, sending and receiving emails with attachments, etc.
WGL is an EO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled
WGL is an EEO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled
WGL Holdings, Inc. is a public utility holding company and the parent company of WGL, a diversified energy business that provides natural gas, electricity, green power, carbon reduction and energy services. Our calling as a company is to make energy surprisingly easy - for our employees, for our community and for all our customers. WGL and its affiliates are committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status. sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, matriculation, physical or mental disabilities, political affiliation, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.