Eversource Energy Supervisor, Substation Operations (Response/Restore) - Hartford in Hartford, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
These positions are part of the 24/7 Response/Restore organization. Shift work required.
Identifies, plans, and schedules all inspection, maintenance and designated testing activity relating to transmission and distribution facilities in an assigned geographic area. Analyzes historical inspection, maintenance, test and operational data to establish appropriate maintenance requirements for equipment in his/her jurisdiction; effectively recommends adjustments to scheduled/mandated maintenanceactivities. Assists in the preparation and monitoring of the distribution maintenance budget; creates and maintains a backlog of inspection and maintenance work. Individual has the responsibility for the efficient day-to-day direction, either directly or through subordinate supervision, of Eversource craft workers or contractors. Ensures that all required inspection and maintenance work is performed on schedule, safely, cost effectively and in accordance with Company standards. Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal rules, regulations and laws regarding environmental matters.
- Identifies, plans, and schedules all inspection and maintenance activity relating transmission and distribution facilities, in accordance with Eversource policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Schedules maintenance, annual equipment inspections and designated testing of electrical equipment and substation equipment
- Coordinates maintenance and repair activities by making arrangements for staffing, materials, and equipment with other sections such as Convex, Operate & Restore, Test Dept., Garage, and Stores.
- Supervises the performance of environmental activities related to the group.
- Supervises, either directly or through subordinate supervision, planned and unscheduled maintenance efforts; ensures safe and timely completion of tasks; monitors and audits work in progress to determine adherence to safety rules, performance, maintenance, test, environmental and reliability standards.
- Examines and approves daily time and vehicle time sheets; checks for correct completion of assigned work and to make sure proper accounting procedures are used.
- Participates in and ensures completion of safety programs; ensures adherence to safe work practices.
- Develops training programs independently and in coordination with the Manager - Substation Operations and Training Department on knowledge, skills, and safety practices needed for efficient operation of the assigned area; conducts training sessions on same for other departments in assigned area as required.
- Request and checks switching instructions; coordinates and supervises switching.
- Supervises within the provisions of the agreement between the Company and the local bargaining unit (s).
- Serves on-call, will have storm restoration and emergency assignments.
- Knowledge of applicable work practices and procedures and safety requirements. Detailed knowledge of power system maintenance and operation.
- Working knowledge of information technology and/or the use of Eversource’s systems.
Bachelor's degree in an applied science or the equivalent is required.
- A minimum of five years of directly related experience is required.
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of substation facilities is preferred. Previous supervisory experience is preferred.
Licenses & Certifications:
Must hold a valid motor vehicle operator’s license; valid CDL preferred.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor