Eversource Energy Siting & Construction Services Specialist in Hartford, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
Project Outreach Specialist- Transmission Projects
- Develops a strong, working knowledge of, and be held accountable for, the Siting and Construction Services portion of the project’s overall scope, schedule and cost.
- Identifies potential areas of project risk associated with appropriate stakeholder groups at each Project cycle stage (planning, permitting/siting, construction and restoration; develop risk mitigation plans, working with internal SMEs as needed.
- Based on the risk profile, develops project-specific Outreach Plans and implements a comprehensive program of project-based outreach to designated stakeholders, including property owners along the project routes, for notification of project milestones at each major stage of the projects: siting, construction and restoration. Track progress made.
- Assists in project-related interactions and communications; schedule/execute face-to-face project briefings; maintain communications with municipal leaders/staff on project-related issues in order to identifopportunities/means to address municipal concerns, working with Community Relations, as needed. Track and document interactions.
- Develops project-specific messaging for each stakeholder group; working with Corporate Communications, ensure alignment with Corporate messaging.
- Works with Company subject matter experts, e.g., PM, Siting, Construction Manager, Community Relations and others as needed, to develop necessary presentations and materials to support liaison responsibilities.
- Supports notification to various municipal and safety officials, local residents and media (as warranted and through Media Relations) regarding impacts of high profile events (e.g. splice implosions, autotransformer deliveries, helicopter wire stringing, blasting, etc.).
- Develops a right-of-way “focus area” list to anticipate and accommodate local impacts, issues, concerns, inquiries, complaints from the communities, abutting proper owners and other residents businesses, NGOs, etc., that inevitably will arise during construction of a project. Track and document issues and mitigation measures.
- Assist in the development and implementation of Project Impact Mitigation and ROW coordination initiatives at the municipal, property owner and other stakeholder levels. Identify and ensure fulfillment of commitments for non-regulatory agreements made with such stakeholders as a means to achieve construction goals.
- Develops and implements the logistics associated with public Siting hearings and related processes conducted by the respective state siting councils/boards as required, including presentations and other materials, map books, regulator bus tour materials, hearing signage and related property owner permissions, among others.
- Work with PM to conduct/support ongoing training of all field contractors to ensure their compliance with project standards related public interactions, siting requirements (e.g., work hours), local stakeholder agreements, and individual residential and business commitments.
- as needed, coordinate and/or conducts regular proactive field outreach to residents along project route for notification of planned right-of-way and/or station activities, including door-to-door project communications. Track and document all field outreach activities.
- Will have storm restoration and emergency assignments.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor