Eversource Energy Project Cost Analyst-Transmission in Hartford, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
Eversource Energy is the largest Energy delivery company in New England. We support 4 million Gas and Electric customers across CT, MA and NH. Be a part of our mission to deliver reliable energy and superior customer service. ENERGY- BRINGS US TOGETHER!!
Eversource Transmission Project Services: Monitors, maintains and reports on budgets, contracts and other financial issues for Eversource Transmission projects in the Eversource Transmission Project Management Organization. Responsible for obtaining, providing and implementing information and recommendations to meet project goals and positively influence project direction. Perform cost forecasting, monitoring and control activities including the preparation of cost performance and productivity reports, analysis of supporting data, variance reporting and special studies. Work with project estimates and cash flow/budgets to monitor and communicate status and completion costs for projects and individual contractors. Evaluates and reports the cost impact of scope changes and/or productivity changes and recommend corrective actions, as necessary. Understand and apply project management theories and methodologies and utilize a variety of related project control tools.
- Work with project estimates and cash flow/budgets to monitor and communicate status, variances, trends and completion costs for projects and individual contractors. Reports corrective action, as necessary.
- Assist in the review of bid specifications, change orders, invoices and performance for vendors, contractors and material contracts. Evaluates and reports the cost impact of scope changes and/or productivity changes.
- Coordinate the preparation of project work orders or purchase orders as required.
- Provide cost engineering liaison and interface for projects with financial and tax departments, Plant and General Accounting and Eversource Purchasing and Stores.
- Evaluate and report the cost impact of scope changes and/or productivity changes.
- Compare and evaluate cost of similar projects with other utilities to provide an analysis of Eversource performance compared with other utilities (benchmarking).
- Provide actual man-hour, quantity and productivity input to Planning and Scheduling to assist in identifying project forecasted activity durations.
- Establish and maintain a Project Cost Commitment Program which monitors actual vs. estimated cost of purchase orders.
- Prepare monthly un-vouchered liabilities to ensure that all liabilities are properly reflected on the Company's financial statements to ensure accurate filling with numerous regulatory agencies. Reconcile error suspense corrections as required.
- Storm Duty assignments as necessary.
Technical Knowledge/Skills Competency in Eversource's accounting methods and budgeting process and systems including Power Plan, TM1, Maximo, UVLs and Microsoft software, especially Excel, is desirable. Familiarity with the "Project Management Institute's Body of Knowledge" is highly desirable.
Baccalaureate degree in business, accounting, engineering or related area or the equivalent or the equivalent experience is required.
A minimum of five (5) years of cost engineering experience is required.
Minimum of eight years of experience in cost engineering is required for Senior Level, Engineering degree preferred.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs