Eversource Energy Manager, Transmission System Planning in Hartford, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Role and Scope of Position:
This position is responsible for the overall management of the Special Studies team within Eversource Transmission System Planning. This group identifies, scopes, and performs unique analyses that fall outside of the traditional planning paradigm. It covers the entire three-state Eversource service territory. With the monumental changes taking place in electric generation, transmission, loads, etc., this position will continuously innovate and adapt novel study approaches with the goal of more forward-looking, holistic transmission planning. Among other things, deliverables include development of plans for scenario-based transmission system expansion, resiliency, and reinforcement.
This position is also responsible for establishing goals, monitoring and reporting results, and managing budgets. Additionally, this group provides technical leadership and expertise, elicits ideas and solves complex engineering problems, and is accountable for major technical recommendations. Interaction with external and internal stakeholders is critical, including for example the Independent System Operators-NE (ISO-NE) working groups and New England Power Pool (NEPOOL) or Regional Transmission Organization (RTO) committees. Participates and understands the project economics, the ISO generation markets and the ISO generation pricing and their effects on the Eversource Transmission Business and its customers. Develops plans for solving major engineering problems and opportunities and has responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing and coordinating assignments. Provides strategic and tactical leadership for regulatory filings of various projects. Performs analyses for operating companies as required. Manages technical projects having significant impact on the design, engineering, and operation of the transmission system.
- Manages special studies for electric transmission system planning, including future grid scenarios, essential reliability services, public policy impacts, and resiliency.
- Solves complex technical problems requiring recognized expertise in electric power systems, various engineering and operating disciplines, and resultant regulatory impacts, etc., to resolve major power facilities problems. The desired solutions should be compatible and part of the overall business unit strategy.
- Presents, directs and/or prepares corporate presentations and written comments for technical committees, and other local, state or federal regulatory proceedings.
Manages technical projects having significant economic impact on the design, engineering, construction and operation on the Eversource transmission system.
Formulates Eversource technical positions and recommends company policies and standards on various issues within expertise.
- Interfaces with federal, state and local organizations external to Eversource on behalf of or as a representative of Eversource.
- Assimilates transmission business knowledge (FERC/State regulatory decisions, desires, etc.) in order to derive future Transmission Plans and Needs. Provides appropriate input into the Eversource transmission strategy.
- Serves on various Eversource internal committees and task forces to provide information and recommendations to Eversource senior management.
Represents Eversource with respect to assigned area of transmission responsibilities on various industry and professional society committees and working groups.
Establishes and monitors system network capabilities, utilization and performance measures.
- Collaborates with other departments/engineers on design of system projects.
- Develops and implements best practices to achieve efficient and effective special study planning activities.
- Manages the team by establishing and monitoring area goals, policies, plans, programs, performance objectives and budget.
- Analyzes and recommends resource levels to plan, develop and implement programs and policies.
- Establishes operational and financial objectives and aligns with department goals.
- Oversees the management and development of area staff. Assesses the need for and oversees implementation of programs to ensure employees possess technical, interpersonal and organizational skills required to support operating plans. Supervises, selects, coaches and develops area staff.
- Requires thorough knowledge and experience in electric transmission planning, system analysis computer applications and modeling, operations support, budgeting, project analysis, working cross-functionally and communicating.
- Demonstrated leadership in strategic planning.
- Thorough knowledge of transmission power system protection and control systems
- Requires a Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering. Advanced degree preferred.
- Ten (10) years in transmission system planning, engineering or operations management experience including supervisory experience.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Professional Engineer’s License preferred.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Cascade and translate strategies into action plans.
- Communicate goals and priorities (company, department, team); ensure line of sight
- Drive accountability/monitor progress
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Role model demonstrating honesty and integrity in all communication and actions
- Balance “getting results” with concern for individual needs
- Have honest dialogue with employees; get to know them
- Track commitments and follow-up
Manage and Develop People
- Create individual development plans with direct reports
- Set realistic performance objectives
- Give ongoing, honest feedback; coach for success
- Differentiate performance and provide rewards and recognition
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Surface and address competing goals
- Encourage cooperation/remove obstacles between functions
- Conduct teambuilding/development processes
- Encourage collaboration
- Guide team in translating organizational goals into day-to-day work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Involve employees/seek input in decision making, on continuous improvement ideas and change
- Diversify staff, where possible, in hiring/promotions
- Seek opportunities to utilize diverse suppliers
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to successfully develop and implement changes in strategy, priorities and work processes
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Act optimistically to influence others to embrace change
Focus on the Customer
- Ensure that we have processes in place to deliver on our customer promise and provide superior customer service
- Be a role model for the business on delivering superior customer service
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs