Eversource Energy Manager, Engineering Project Planning & Scheduling in Hartford, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
This position is responsible for the group that provides planning & scheduling services to the Engineering organization. Plans and directs the development of schedules and controls for capital projects and some expense projects, from the initiation of the Project Authorization Form (PAF) to close-out. Manages the Engineering Project Planning & Scheduling Team to ensure transmission and distribution projects are completed on time, on budget, safely and in line with performance targets while minimizing risk and exposure. Responsible for monthly project performance tracking and reporting within established project schedule milestones, focusing on accuracy of the schedule network logic, critical paths, schedule risk identification, and schedule forecasting. The role will be responsible for of a variety of complex reports and analyses in support of Eversource’s projects and capital program. Responsible to streamline the scheduling process of using Primavera, ensuring the process is followed throughout Eversource’s Engineering Organization. Provides leadership and oversees the work activity of the Engineering Project Controls Planning & Scheduling Team. As manager of the Planning and Scheduling Team it includes the responsibility to assign work allocation, training, and problem resolution.
- Responsible for producing Engineering schedules, specialized cost reports and development and utilization of performance tools.
- Responsible for working closely with Engineering leaders and/or engineers assigning or managing internal or external engineering work to develop and maintain an accurate, credible schedule and status of assigned engineering activities.
- Works with procurement to develop and execute engineering contract strategies in support of external engineering work schedule, schedule maintenance and specialized cost reporting requirements.
- Ensures engineering baselines for cost and schedule are established and monitored against actual engineering performance.
- Produces, maintains and report out of engineering metrics/dashboards including schedule performance, productivity, resource loading and other key metrics that will continue to drive efficiency and transparency for Engineering execution.
- Works with Transmission Business, Operations Project Managers and Engineering Leadership to ensure engineering budgets and schedules are in alignment with overall objectives.
- Ensuring the accuracy of all scheduling information including confirmation that schedules have been properly coded.
- Overseeing the production of required schedule reports and variances, and maintenance of base line the change control process
- Reviewing, evaluating and reporting on trends and their impact on project schedules
- Planning, assigning and checking the quality of work of team members
- Responsible for quality of contractor resource pool – defines and oversees contractor performance expectations for schedule and cost reporting.
- Responsible for the effective partnering and communication between the Engineering Project Controls Planning & Scheduling Team and Project Management, Engineering, other Transmission and Distribution departments, Procurement, Legal, and other groups as appropriate, managing the cross-functional relationships.
- Ensures the process used to develop and evaluate bid packages for both Eversource bid and bidder situations includes actual cost and planning & scheduling performance results.
- Ensures that all schedule submissions are processed timely, with quality and in accordance with contract requirements.
- Supports the internal analysis of contract change requests to determine the merit of out of scope claims and reasonableness of the compensation.
- Coordinates schedule disputes with responsible Engineering discipline lead/Engineering Directors, Project Manager/Project Directors and others as needed to review potential disputes and claims before they become legal issues. With Legal, provide counsel to Engineering discipline lead and Project Managers regarding possible business strategy solutions.
- Directs the process to monitor, close out and archive schedules, including analysis of actual schedule vs. baseline schedule and appropriate changes to procedures.
- Ensures compliance with corporate procedures consistent with regulatory requirements. Performs periodic self-audits to ensure compliance. Develops reporting and corrective action plan to resolve/mitigate findings.
- Builds a diverse, cohesive team to meet the strategic needs of the Eversource.
- Provides direction and coaching as needed to the Engineering Project Controls Planning & Scheduling Team. Evaluates training needs and provides development opportunities as appropriate.
Problem Solving & Complexity:
- Must be able to proactively identify problematic trends and creative systematic solutions. Must be able to manage concurrent interface with multiple groups and navigate competing priorities. Work includes analyzing, planning, organizing, evaluating and documenting. This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results.
Technical Knowledge/Skill : This individual understands and applies financial, accounting, business, risk and project management theories and methodologies. Knowledge of scheduling modeling, accounting, risk management, project management information systems, engineering economics, capital investment analysis techniques, plant accounting, tax and capital budgeting. The individual must possess good communication skills, and demonstrate the ability to lead and direct activities of others. Individual will require a good understanding of corporate strategies and initiatives along with a thorough understanding of the Engineering organization. Ability to monitor and analyze cost and scheduling information, provide forecasts, oversee the development of performance tools, make recommendations, and communicate effectively at all levels. Demonstrated ability to influence group culture. Other required skills include experience using and managing the use of Maximo, P6, Ariba, eBuilder, Power BI and Excel software.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Accounting, Finance, Business or equivalent degree will be considered. MBA or equivalent education highly desirable.
Experience: Minimum of ten (10) years of related experience, including a minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a Project Manager managing large complex multi-year projects. Previous experience as a supervisor and/or working in team environments supporting process improvements and group facilitation.
Licenses & Certifications: Project Management Professional (PMP) desirable.
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor