Eversource Energy Director-Transmission Engineering in Hartford, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
Role and Scope of Position:
Directs the strategy, planning, scheduling, coordination, and execution of engineering and design projects for transmission overhead and underground lines in MA, CT, and NH. This includes support of capital projects, field operations, inspection programs, emergency repairs, external developer projects, and asset condition assessments.
- Leads the overhead and underground transmission lines engineering teams in CT, MA, and NH to ensure reliability goals are met.
- Engineering management oversight of all overhead and underground capital projects to address reliability issues.
- Oversight of the transmission facility Maintenance Inspection Program and processes.
- Engineering management support of emergency repairs to transmission line facilities.
- Directs the development of new concepts and technology for transmission lines.
- Directs the development and review of transmission lines specifications and standards and identifies and implements engineering methods and procedures to improve design and construction efficiency.
- Drives implementation of consistent design standards throughout Eversource.
- Management oversight of external engineering contracts supporting transmission lines efforts.
- Directs the scheduling of resources and tracking of performance.
- Directs the preparation of regulatory approval applications for transmission lines.
- Directs the preparation and approval of project cost estimates, project authorization costs, and schedules for transmission overhead and underground projects.
- Directs the selection of routing for transmission lines, working closely with Eversource Siting staff.
- Directs the coordination of transmission engineering and design developmental activities with other Transmission Engineering and Operations functions.
- Directs the analysis and reporting of transmission system performance and bulk power system disturbances to Transmission Operations.
- Directs the initiation, evaluation, and administration of engineering contracts related to transmission lines.
- Directs the development, approval process, and maintenance of engineering, design, construction, equipment, and material specifications and standards.
- Directs the qualification of prospective supplier’s equipment, materials, technical competence, and production capabilities.
- Directs the forecast of equipment and material needs, the initiation of bid solicitation by the Purchasing & Materials Management group, and the technical evaluation of bids for equipment and materials.
- Directs the interpretation and application of various regulations, codes, and standards pertaining to transmission lines.
- Represents Eversource on various business related committees, engineering societies, joint study groups, and industry standards groups.
- Provides Eversource involvement with industry committees.
- Develops and executes the Asset strategy for aging overhead and underground infrastructure.
- Eversource technical expert with external groups (ISO-NE and key stakeholder committees, State Regulators, Siting Boards, …)
- Demonstrated ability to function in a leadership and managerial capacity.
- Thorough knowledge of electric power systems, electric power system components, and associated engineering, construction, testing, operating, and maintenance activity.
- Thorough knowledge of federal and state regulatory criteria and industry codes and standards pertaining to electric power systems.
- Thorough knowledge of Eversource’s corporate organization, functions, policies, and procedures required for the coordination of complex engineering projects.
- Thorough knowledge of budget preparation and administration using approved accounting methods and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting and engineering economic theory and practice as it relates to the electric utility industry.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret information in order to make decisions with respect to electric power and telecommunication systems.
- Proven ability to communicate and work effectively with all levels of the organization and with counterparts in outside organizations.
- Ability to make effective presentations and influence key stakeholders.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely.
Education: Baccalaureate degree in engineering, electrical preferred. Advanced degree preferred.
Experiences: Twelve (12) years of experience in the technical, operations, or engineering aspects of the electric utility industry with a strong background in power system, including several years of managerial / supervisory experience.
Licenses & Certifications: PE License preferred
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs