Eversource Energy Director-Electric Field Operations in Hartford, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Role and Scope of Position:
This position is jointly accountable with other Electric Operations Directors for providing safe, reliable and cost-effective electric service to customers.
Responsible for the delivery of field activities within a geographic region in order to carry out the operations, restoration, maintenance and construction of the electric transmission and distribution systems. This position provides overhead and underground work crews on a 24 hour, 7-day per week basis to execute these processes. This position also oversees managers responsible for supervisors and multi-skilled work crews within their region.
Connecticut location to be determined.
- Establishes and monitors goals, policies, plans, standards, performance objectives and budget for the Maintenance & Construction area. Analyzes and recommends resource levels to plan, develop and implement policies and practices. Establishes operating and financial objectives and aligns organizational and corporate goals.
- Oversees development of area staff. Responsible for developing a mindset of ownership and employee accountability for outcomes and consistent level of productivity and quality of work. Manages, selects, coaches and develops staff.
- In collaboration with other Electric Operations Directors, sets the direction of the system infrastructure strategy and systems operating philosophy including development of operating procedures and work processes and maintenance, construction and equipment requirements.
- In collaboration with Human Resources and other Electric Operations Directors, defines and implements a labor relations strategy that enhances employee productivity and enables the achievement of Electric Operations service level commitments.
- Participates in the development, implementation and communication of the life cycle plan.
- Communicates with customers and maintains relationships with regards to operations and restoration.
- Communicates and reinforces the area’s goals and objectives and their significance to the Company’s overall business objectives.
- Manages the preparation for, and execution of, restoration efforts in collaboration with other Electric Operations Directors and Managers.
Requires extensive knowledge of transmission and distribution issues and activities within the electric utility industry.
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, related discipline or equivalent experience. MS in Engineering or MBA preferred.
Minimum of twelve (12) years managing or supervising groups engaged in transmission/distribution or related activities.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Mental Aspects :
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Cascade and translate strategies into action plans.
- Communicate goals and priorities (company, department, team); ensure line of sight
- Drive accountability/monitor progress
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Role model honesty and integrity in all communication and actions
- Balance “getting results” with concern for individual needs
- Have honest dialogue with employees; get to know them
- Track commitments and follow-up
Manage and Develop People
- Create individual development plans with direct reports
- Set realistic performance objectives
- Give ongoing, honest feedback; coach for success
- Differentiate performance and provide rewards and recognition
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Surface and address competing goals
- Encourage cooperation/remove obstacles between functions
- Conduct teambuilding/development processes
- Encourage collaboration
- Guide team in translating organizational goals into day-to-day work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Involve employees/seek input in decision making, on continuous improvement ideas and change
- Diversify staff, where possible, in hiring/promotions
- Seek opportunities to utilize diverse suppliers
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to successfully develop and implement changes in strategy, priorities and work processes
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Act optimistically to influence others to embrace change
Focus on the Customer
- Ensure that we have processes in place to deliver on our customer promise and provide superior customer service
- Be a role model for the business on delivering superior customer service
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs