Eversource Energy Associate Engineer - System Planning in Hartford, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
- Conducts adequacy assessments and develop options to meet delivery objectives with latitude for independent action and decision making. Identifies key technical issues and develops solutions.
- Responsible to understand, interpret and apply industry and corporate transmission planning standards and the regulations of Federal, State and Local authorities.
- Represents the department and the company on various industry related committees.
- Participates with other utilities and the planning staff of the Independent System Operator (ISO) in the preparation of regional transmission expansion studies.
- Employs teamwork with engineers in System Planning, Transmission Asset Strategy, and engineers and operating personnel elsewhere in Electric Operations in performing analyses and providing technical support in planning and operational environments.
- Plans, develops and collaborates in the implementation and management of the life cycle plan for transmission assets.
- Communicates clearly and effectively verbally and in writing the results of analyses and action plans.
- Contributes to the development of the budget for the Electric Operations through development of cost effective programs and projects to meet customer and system needs.
- Trains junior staff in technical analyses and procedures.
Technical Knowledge/Skills: Demonstrated skill and experience in power systems analysis; technical understanding of the parameters and functions of the operation of the power delivery system and of power system theory; and skill in working cross functionally preferred.
Education/Experience: Requires a Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical, Power Systems, Engineering or related discipline. Advanced degree preferred. Experience in System Planning preferred.
Licenses & Certifications: Professional Engineer’s License preferred.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs