Eversource Energy Associate Analyst, ISO Policy & Economic Analysis in Hartford, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
Prepares and submits data, reports, presentations, and compliance filings regarding Eversource transmission projects to ISO New England. Responsibilities include monitoring Eversource transmission projects, developing and implementing process improvements to streamline data collection and reporting, reviewing key ﬁlings (such as Transmission Cost Allocation applications), and implementing strategies to gain stakeholder support at NEPOOL Committees.
- Develop Transmission Cost Allocation (TCA) applications for submission to ISO-NE. Manage internal review process for TCA applications, including responding to questions from reviewers up to the Vice President level.
- Develop and implement strategies to gain ISO-NE and stakeholder endorsement of TCA applications. Prepare responses to any ISO-NE or stakeholder questions.
- Prepare periodic updates to the ISO-NE Regional System Plan (RSP) Project List, ISO-NE Asset Condition List, NEPOOL Participants Committee presentations, etc. Prepare responses to any ISO-NE or stakeholder questions regarding these updates.
- Preparation of ISO-NEReliability Committee (RC) and ISO-NE Planning Advisory Committee(PAC)presentations to ensure consistent messaging, tone, level of detail, etc.
- Draft and support responses to compliance filing requests to ISO-NE, state agencies, and other stakeholders
- Develop or expand processes and guidelines to ensure that presentations are high-quality and that all data provided to ISO-NE is thoroughly vetted
- Monitor progress (status and estimated costs) of ongoing Eversource transmission projects.
- Partner with internal departments to ensure that internal processes capture sufﬁcient information to support development of TCA applications and RSP updates
- Educate project initiators, project managers, and cost analysts regarding cost tracking and reporting requirements to support TCA applications and RSP updates
- Support outreach and advocacy to external stakeholders
- Familiarity with the utility industry preferred
- Database management and MS Office experience preferred
- Demonstrates competency and proficiency in oral and written communications
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills, ability to apply knowledge to solve problems and strong team building skills
- General understanding of FERC regulation and ISO/RTO processes desirable
- Bachelor’s degree or related combination of education and experience
- Zero to three years of related experience
Licenses & Certifications: None
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
- Have honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
- Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
- Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner
Vaccination Information: Eversource requires an individual who is newly hired into this position to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after a decision has been made about whether or not to make you a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws requiring reasonable accommodation.
Emergency Response : Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs