Eversource Energy Lead Engineer in Hadley, Massachusetts
Job Description Summary:
Individual will be the Lead Engineer for Eversource Western MA with overall responsibility for the cost effective reliable operation of the electric distribution system. In addition, individual will have overall responsibility for the System Planning needs of the Western MA territory and be responsible for reviewing system, substation, and circuit level loads to ensure increases in demand are addressed in a timely manner.
- Identification of improvements and major repair needs on the distribution system for all Springfield area substations and circuits
- Provide engineering support to New Service for large load additions that require substantial changes to the distribution system.
- Review daily interruption and trouble reports to determine if corrective action is required and analyze projected deficiencies (voltage levels, overloads, reliability performance, etc.) and employ rigorous problem solving techniques to develop solution sets as required.
- Utilize cost / benefit analysis to prioritize improvements and repairs within the Springfield District and work with other members of the Engineering team to prioritize work across Western MA.
- Individual will review load forecasts for all Western MA substations and circuits and provide direction to other members of the Engineering team in regard to upgrades needed to meet increased demand.
- May be involved with researching and drafting responses to regulatory requests, distributed generation interconnection design, safety investigations, budgeting, and other items that support the overall operation of Eversource Western MA.
A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and a minimum of eight years of related experience is required. A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering is preferred. Other requirements include: demonstrated ability to excel in a leadership role in a team environment; experience with electric distribution system engineering, including circuit reliability improvement analysis, circuit loading analysis, distribution system protection, distribution system automation and power quality; and voltage complaint resolution. Experience with electric power distribution system construction, operation and maintenance is preferred. A valid Motor Vehicle Operator’s license is required. Will have emergency and storm restoration assignments.
Please include a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor