American Electric Power Lineman Appr 4Th Yr - Lineman Journeyman in Grove, Oklahoma
Lineman Appr 4Th Yr - Lineman Journeyman
Assist in the installation, rearrangement, maintenance, operation, removal and inspection of electrical transmission and distribution facilities. Drive and operate line trucks and associated auxiliary equipment.
Essential Job Functions & Tasks :
1) The following list sets forth the principal duties required for the job family. This list is not intended to limit assignment of work or the degree of supervision under all operating conditions. Employee may perform miscellaneous, related, and incidental work in addition to that specifically outlined below.
2) Opens and closes switches and installs grounding devices to lines and equipment.
3) May climbs poles and/or ride in bucket to install or repair wires, arms, insulators or other hardware on poles.
4) Install and repair underground facilities such as cable, transformers, potheads and pedestals.
5) Installs pole hardware and such auxiliary equipment as transformers, lightning arresters, switches, fuses and insulators, using hand tools and mechanical devices.
6) May cover energized lines with rubber goods to facilitate safe handling of high-voltage lines without interrupting service.
7) Uses insulated poles (hot sticks) fitted with mechanically or hydraulically operated grasping and crimping tools and/or rubber gloves and sleeves to perform energized line work.
8) Work Hours / Travel Requirements
9) 40 hours per week with overtime and travel as required.
Auto req ID:
Basic Qualifications :
Education requirements are listed below:
- High School Diploma or GED
Work Experience requirement listed below:
Applicable years of experience will determine appropriate classification.
Must acquire with such time frame as determined by the Company, the qualifications necessary to perform the duties of the next higher classification in the line of progression, or vacate the current job classification.
Required License(s)/Certification(s) are listed below:
- Must have the ability to climb and work at heights. Must possess and maintain a valid CDL state driver's license or be able to obtain one within six months.
Must have the ability to communicate with employees, customers and the general public in a courteous and proper manner. Must be available for overtime callout including weekends and holidays. Required to reside within a 25-mile radius or with 30 roadway miles of dock/work location.
Physical demand level is Heavy
Equal Opportunity Employer | Minorities/Females/Disability/Vets
American Electric Power
- American Electric Power Jobs