NextEra Energy Associate Technical Services Specialist in Grimes, Iowa
Associate Technical Services Specialist
Date: Oct 26, 2021
Primary Location: Grimes, IA, US, 50111
Company: NextEra Energy
Requisition ID: 56852
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description
Position Specific Description
Based out of our Iowa Renewables Training Facility, employee in this role coordinates the logistics for the travel, hotel accommodations, inventory of assets and PPE for all incoming students. This employee will leverage their skill sets in organizational, innovation and technology skills to support the training organization.
This job evaluates, selects, and applies standard techniques and procedures while using judgment when making adaptations and modifications. Individuals in this role are given assignments that have clear and specific objectives and require investigation of a limited number of variables. Employees in this role perform work involving conventional plans, investigations, surveys, structures, or equipment with relatively few complex features for which there are few precedents.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Provides full-time technical support to the operations and business unit personnel
• Performs system testing and documentation to critical systems during significant changes and/or upgrade
• Analyzes and identifies the root cause of - and implements comprehensive technical solutions to - complex application deficiencies and system issues
• Provides technical leadership in the functional specification, design, and implementation of new (as well as enhancements to existing) security center applications and tools
• Develops new (and improves existing) processes with the goal of increasing productivity, reducing risk of system failure, promoting efficiency in work flow, and meeting or exceeding the key operational performance targets
• Establishes, documents, and maintains procedures and guidelines related to the day-to-day operational support provided to the operations and business unit personnel
• Travels to power plants for onsite troubleshooting support
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• Technical / Functional Excellence/Learning
• Process Management Concepts
• Quality Tools and Techniques
• Effective Written Communications
• Effective Verbal Communications
• High School Grad / GED
• Safety Policy and Practice
• Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
• Experience:0+ years
• Bachelor's - Engineering
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Technical Specialist
Organization: Florida Power & Light Company
Location: Grimes, Iowa
Other Work Locations: Iowa
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies . Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs