Pike Corporation Engineer Co-Op in Greenville, South Carolina
The purpose of this role is to give meaningful work experience to engineering students while enrolled in school. This position will provide engineering/technical expertise and assistance to solve problems in a specific area of expertise, with close supervision from a designated mentor. Incumbents are expected to develop skills in their field of study, and the ability to work with greater independence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide engineering/technical expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems
• Plan, organize, estimate, schedule and monitor work activities effectively
• Maintain thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations and sketches
• Demonstrate continuous improvement of job-related, engineering, technical and professional knowledge, skills and performance
• Effectively communicate with supervisors and piers through written and oral communications
• Accurately maintain records and files
• Support of the company's goals and represent the company positively and professionally
• Perform other duties as assigned by management.
COMPLEXITY OF WORK:
Moderately routine: general policies applied. Some decision making.
RELATIONSHIP OUTSIDE WORK GROUP:
Influences decisions of moderate nature requiring high degree of tact.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. REGULAR ATTENDANCEis required.
2. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Experience equivalent to 1-2 years into Bachelor’s degree in engineering and enrollment in college co-op program.
A.Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals, operational procedures, etc.
B.Ability to write reports, Business correspondence, and procedure manuals. C.Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or the business community
1.Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
2.Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and fundamentals of plan and solid geometry and trigonometry.
A.Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
B.Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Understanding of basic engineering theories and principles.
• Understanding of basic practices of researching engineering and design issues, evaluating alternatives, making sound recommendations and preparing and presenting recommendations to mentor for feedback and direction.
• Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
• Understanding of basic electricity and power quality.
• Knowledge of Distribution construction standards and methods.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Work independently
• Customer Oriented
• Able to manage multiple tasks and provide leadership to other team members.
The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A. How much on the job time is spent in the following physical activities?
• Stand Up to 1/3 (Occasionally)
• Walk Up to 1/3 (Occasionally)
• Sit 2/3 and more (Regularly)
• Talk or Hear 2/3 and more (Regularly)
• Use Hands to Feel, Handle or finger tools or controls 2/3 and more (Regularly)
• Climb or balance None
• Stoop, Kneel, Crouch or crawl Up to 1/3 (Occasionally)
• Reach with Hands and Arms Up to 1/3 (Occasionally)
• Taste or Smell None
B. Does this job require that weight be lifted or force to be exerted? If so, how much and how often?
• Up to 10 Pounds Up to 1/3
• Up to 25 Pounds None
• Up to 50 Pounds None
• Up to 100 Pounds None
• More than 100 Pounds None
C. Does this job have any special vision requirements?
☒Close Vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less)
☒Distance Vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more)
☒Color Vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors)
☒Peripheral visions (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point)
☒Depth Perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships
☒Ability to Adjust Focus (ability to adjust the eyes to bring an object into sharp focus)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Wet, humid conditions (non- weather)None
• Work near moving mechanical parts Up to 1/3 (Occasionally)
• Work in high, precarious places None
• Fumes or airborne particles None
• Toxic or caustic chemicals None
• Outdoor weather conditions Up to 1/3 (Occasionally)
• Extreme cold (non-weather) None
• Extreme Heat (non-weather) None
• Risk of electrical shock Up to 1/3 (Occasionally)
• Work with explosives None
• Risk of radiation None
• Vibration None
While performing this job, the noise level in the work environment is: Moderate Noise (Examples: business office with typewriters, and or computer printer, light traffic)
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
/UC Synergetic is an equal opportunity employer EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/
/UC Synergetic is a Non-Union Company/
Organization: *Pike Corporation, Inc.
Title: Engineer Co-Op
Location: South Carolina-Greenville
Requisition ID: 2100009Y